Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of a Zona Custom T/D Recurve that is being built for me. The riser is Bocote and Bloodwood with two mosaics of Maple and I'm not sure what the other woods are. The limbs are Actionboo cores with Bocote veneers. All that remains is final sanding and application of the finish. I had the bowyer change the grip from a high wrist to a medium wrist. For $436 and change shipped to my door, it is a nice looking bow. And everything I've read tells me they are top notch shooters, too. The bow is 62" and 46#@28".

Bill

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up my Zona T/D recurve at the Archery Shop this Saturday. I shot it for the better part of an hour and a half. It shot so quiet, so smooth, so shock free and so consistently accurate that I have advertised for sale the two machined aluminum riser and ILF limb bows that I own. The Zona is a great shooting bow. And the pictures that I posted don't do the bow justice. I've only owned two other bows that are in this class for beauty and for shooting qualities. A Dale Stahl T/D recurve and a Marriah Thermal T/D recurve by Ric Anderson. The Zona shoots every bit as well as these two bows.

Bill

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Steve,

Actually, after shooting it I put two machined aluminum riser ILF bows with ILF limbs in various classifieds and put them up for sale. I definitely will keep this one at least until I get my new Marriah Thermal which I have on order with Ric Anderson. :sbrug: :lol: :) And I very likely will keep it after that.

Bill

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've read a lot about this guy, and he isn't even really a bowyer, just started making bows, and does one heck of a job on them. The guys buying his longbows are talking about the quality of work this guy is putting into each bow, and can't believe how cheap he is selling them for.
The recurve is pretty, the detail is unreal, and the handle is one of the prettiest I've seen. I've read that the bows ain't no barn burners, but the bows shoot very good, and the craftsmanship is unreal. He is putting together some nice wood combinations. He matches the wood coloras very nice. Hats off to a very pretty bow.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Crowdog,

The Zona has more than adequate speed. My 46# bow shooting a 500 gr arrow got the arrow down range quick enough. The thing that impresses me as much as the beauty and quality of construction of the bow is its shooting qualities. The #1 quality it possesses for me is the way it is consistently accurate. The other qualities, very quiet, totally shock free and smoothness of draw just adds to the shooting experience. That of course is JMHO. Believe me I would not have sold my Firefly riser, Extreme BF limbs, Merlin Elite limbs (by Border) and my Black Sheep riser if the Zona didn't overwhelm me with its shooting qualities.

Bill

·
Registered
1 Posts
One super nice looking bow, has anyone shot their through a Chronograph yet? Bill how is the hand weight of the bow? they look pretty stout. Thinking about getting one made so interested in your experience with yours. Randy

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.