Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only took 3 weeks to arrive, getting here 2 days ago. The pictures do not do justice to the gun metal color and over all finish. Now to see if it shoots as good as it looks.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,566 Posts
Looks like the original barebow Zenit with three smaller weights instead of the two big ones on the Moon. The 23 inch Zenit looked a lot like the Moon with the one big circular holes in the bottom and an additional cutout above it. The barebow Zenit looks a lot better than the Olympic Zenit with the funky aluminum barebow kit that mounted on the bottom. I had to cut a gasket out of 1/32 inch latex to keep the old kit from moving. I am not sure that it would pass an international inspection; it had no problem at home at local tournaments. It was never a very good solution but I guess it meant that Best had one less riser they had to machine. Maybe the reintroduction of the barebow Zenit indicates that Best is making positive moves in the market -- that would be a good thing since they make a very good product.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Looks like the original barebow Zenit with three smaller weights instead of the two big ones on the Moon. The 23 inch Zenit looked a lot like the Moon with the one big circular holes in the bottom and an additional cutout above it. The barebow Zenit looks a lot better than the Olympic Zenit with the funky aluminum barebow kit that mounted on the bottom. I had to cut a gasket out of 1/32 inch latex to keep the old kit from moving. I am not sure that it would pass an international inspection; it had no problem at home at local tournaments. It was never a very good solution but I guess it meant that Best had one less riser they had to machine. Maybe the reintroduction of the barebow Zenit indicates that Best is making positive moves in the market -- that would be a good thing since they make a very good product.
Have a look for some older Zenit risers under the name of Border Talisman.

The badge was reversable with our name on one side and thiers on the other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks awesome.........How does it shoot??......Jim
I have only shot it twice for about 2 hrs. each time. It was very easy to tune, not fussy at all.Only took about 15 miutes to have bare shafts hitting center of group at 20 yds. I could walk the bare shaft right or left with a few clicks of spring tension adjustment. Adjustments were very "reliable" for lack of a better term. The riser was solid and steady on the target. I noticed no tendacy to torque either right or left.It also wanted to stay verticle after the shot not falling back or forwad. I was a little concered about the grip but it turned ou to be quite comfortable. My other concern was the weight, but it balances so well I do not notice it. In short, I really like it so far--but long term will be the test.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,566 Posts
Very nice. Now I can't decide if I want this or the Nilo :)
I have the standard Zenit with the old barebow kit. It is a great riser but it is hard to beat Bernardini. My main FITA barebow now is a Nilo. Also, the main difference between the Moon (which I also have and is much less costly) and a Zenit is bushings in the stabilizer holes, which barebow users do not typically need. It does, however, make it easier to put a weight on the lower stab hole without interferring with the limb bolt.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,566 Posts
Have a look for some older Zenit risers under the name of Border Talisman.

The badge was reversable with our name on one side and thiers on the other.
Sid,

I saw a picture of a Best Moon with Best Limbs on it. I believe you made the limbs. They were white. At least Marlin used Border brown on the Elite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts