Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your daughter is shooting well enough that you can mess with her head while you practice together.

Bug has it all going on right now.

Rod worked on the head thing with her tonight. It's getting better but she still fumbles around finding anchor.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Careful Matt,

Goes around, comes around. I have a 20 year old son who seems to have total recall and has kept score, believe me, it is not pretty.

Rasyad

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Careful Matt,

Goes around, comes around. I have a 20 year old son who seems to have total recall and has kept score, believe me, it is not pretty.

Rasyad
mine too ...

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,696 Posts
Matt, listen up, here is the trick.

When you start to see that she might be trending toward becoming better than you, reasonably soon, suggest that she put a sight, clicker and stabilizer on her bow and shoot Olympic recurve. It is critically important that you do this before she is good enough to actually challenge you, otherwise, she might become suspicious of your intentions.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jer

We are having a blast she is shooting very well and nothing would make me happier than to have her best me.

But she is a stinking gapper and ain't no way a gapper is going to beat me ;-)

Matt

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave I tell her that every time we shoot together - she tells me string-walking is for OCD freaks.

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
so whats the difference in string walking and gapping.....dont you hve to have a point on either way? jer
Jer

With String-walking your tip is always on the spot. With gaping you are either gaping under or over the spot you want to hit only at your point on distance is your tip actually on the spot.

Matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.