Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker, but finally new to the forum and I’m already learning a ton. I posted this on another forum, but figured I’d toss it on here, as well. I’ve got hundreds of transactions on other forums and can almost guarantee I can link a potential trader to someone who knows someone who knows someone who either knows me or has done business with me in the past. In short, I’m not a scammer and despise anyone who is. I’m happy to send photos of the binoculars with today’s newspaper, my screen name, whatever you’d like. I’ll take a phone call and discuss the trade, send texts, whatever you guys need to make sure you’re confident that this is a legitimate deal before considering anything. That said…

I’m not sure these have ever even been outside. I don’t (think I) have the box/paperwork, but I can check. They probably need a new battery, and I’ll verify they work before being traded, but even if they don’t, Vortex will warranty repair them and I’ll handle that before the transaction if it proves to be necessary. These have sat on a shelf in the closet since I got them a couple of years ago. I just use my regular binos way more than the rangefinding ones, and I’m just getting into trad archery, so I figure I’d try to trade them for something I’d actually use.

That’s where it gets a little interesting - I just bought a Hoyt Satori, 17” riser, medium 40lb limbs, to start learning to shoot. I’ve got no idea what else I need. I’m interested in anything and everything. Of particular interest would be longbows of higher draw weights that I’d be able to eventually work into shooting after I’ve developed decent form and consider hunting, other ILF limbs to grow into with the Satori riser, accessories, arrows, etc.

The reality is that I’m not 100% sure what I want to trade these for, so if you’re interested in them, shoot me a PM and let’s talk. I’m leaning strongly towards a longbow or limbs, but I’m wide open to trade offers, I’d just prefer that they’re related to trad archery, specifically hunting.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just wanted to update this thread because I’ve verified that these are in perfect working order. I went through all of the settings to make sure everything is solid, and it is. I took a few photos that I’ll post below. I assure you, any “imperfections” in these photos is nothing more than dust I wasn’t quite able to get off the lenses. The lenses, and the whole set for that matter, are in incredible shape. They also have the HCD feature (Horizontal Component Distance), which, to my understanding, accounts for angle when using them to get an accurate range. Great for folks hunting from a tree stand or in terrain with varying elevation.

I apologize for the quality of the photo trying to show that they work. You can clearly see the 44 Y in the photo, but at that time of day, with the mosquitos driving me nuts, it was difficult to get a good photo showing a clear image of the background as well as the yardage being shown, especially trying to run the rangefinder button with one hand and use the other hand to try to get a photo through the binos with my cell phone, so I went with it.

Also, as I’ve told two members so far, I’m also willing to let a potential trader receive these prior to shipping his/her trade items as a sign of good faith and to provide some additional confidence that although I’m a new member, this isn’t a scam!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts