Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major shift in shoot in style today. Went from shooting off the shelf to a flipper rest, and after something that Matt Potter wrote about getting the arrow closer to the eye. I switched from my index finger to my middle finger anchored in the corner of my mouth. My shots were all straight on and if they were off, the were an inch or two high or low. I was grouping 3 arrows in a 3" group at 30 yards. I'm still shooting gap for now.
I didn't go to Bedford because I didn't think I was even close to being ready. If this continues to work like I think it will, then I will definitely be ready for Cloverdale. I won't be a contender this year, but I've set my goal for a top 20 spot. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks to all of you top shooters, for providing the help that you do to the rest of us.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Star, come to the IBO Trad Worlds and shoot with us...we'd love to meet with you and shoot...maybe we can help out if youre having any issues and you can shoot with some of the greatest shots and all around great guys...and gals.

Dewayne Martin

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very close, about an hours drive. The problem I had was, the closer to the date the worse I was shooting. Wasn't sure if my confidence could take a beating like that. Any shot over 25 yards I couldn't be sure where my arrow was going. I've been shooting well at the local level winning all but two. The problem is there has been very few competitors and most shots are 25 yards or less. I have planned shooting Cloverdale and have been working at that pace. When I heard about Bedford it was about two weeks away. I was putting pressure on myself and I just wasn't there yet. I will be at Cloverdale.'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts