Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a counter point to Dana's Best Movies thread ....
What is the worst movie you've had to sit through .. the real stinkers

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
yes! it was! now, aren't you sorry you opened this can of worms? am curious what others will post!
oh, and thanks for THAT memory, phil!!

I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

"Day of the Woman" (original title)

101 min - Horror | Thriller - 22 November 1978 (USA)

Your rating:

-/10

Ratings: 5.6/10 from 15,797 users
Reviews: 320 user | 160 critic

An aspiring writer is repeatedly gang-raped, humiliated, and left for dead by four men whom she systematically hunts down to seek revenge.

Director: Meir Zarchi

Writer: Meir Zarchi

Stars: Camille Keaton, Eron Tabor, Richard Pace | See full cast and crew

·
Registered
465 Posts
Larry, I got stuck watching that one at a college party many years ago (about 1984). Someone rented 3 or 4 movies from the local video store and one wise guy recommended that one get chosen as a prank. Fortunately, enough people objected that it got turned off half way through. That one put me off movies and college parties for quite a while. College parties often make one sick from too much beer, but when the movie makes you sick, something is not right. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Perhaps the second worst movie I had to watch, which is quite a few notches down from that garbage above, is "Message in a Bottle" which my wife made me sit through. It was so bad all through, but she was enjoying it. Then the ending was so bad, that even she hated it. :) That one turned her off to "chick flicks" for a while, so I reaped some benefit there. :)

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
proud to say i didn't watch that one for more than about twenty minutes. still haven't forgotten it unfortunately! i really liked/hated a lot of the charles bronson italian westerns though. they were so bad they were funny in a sick sort of way. always very dramatic.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There are a few...

The road
Basically anything Adam Sandler has done in the last few years... Same goes for Nicholas Cage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree the Nicholas Cage movies were really terrible, and the only Sandler movie I ever saw was "Something about Mary" ( I think that was the title) Anyway that was IMO just bathroom humor Never wanted to see another with him in it. To paraphrase the Stattler Brothers song... "Whatever happened to the Bob hope, Red Skelton, Danny Kaye type movies?

·
Registered
465 Posts
i really liked/hated a lot of the charles bronson italian westerns though. they were so bad they were funny in a sick sort of way. always very dramatic.
Yeah, me too. A really great one is "Once Upon a Time in the West".

This movie is one that my wife would rate as worst ever, but it is so good if you have patience to appreciate the mastery of Sergio Leone. The opening scene starts with 15 minutes of no dialog. Only a master can make that work.

Bronson is great in that, Claudia Cardinale is gorgeous as all heck, and Henry Fonda plays an amazingly convincing psychopath.

Reactions: pondscum2

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
steven, thats my favorite of all times!!! just eyes, the stationmaster, eyes, a fly, eyes, fly in gun barrel, sound of harmonica, everybody but bronson and the stationmaster dead. that is a classic.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Can't remember the name of it, but it starred Steve Martin. I've hated the sight of him since.

·
Premium Member
12,099 Posts
Misery!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
Anything Woody Allen or Barbara Streisand makes me puke right off! lol

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
No. This is actually one of those times I -enjoy- my crappy memory ;-)

I halfway liked Woody Allen in 'Bananas' but that was a very long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
o.k., phil, we bit! what are some of yours? or are you just making a list!! lol!
if it's a list, please leave mine off. you would not like it, even for a joke!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine ... In no particular order
Inglorious Bastards
The 3 latest Star Wars movies
Dungeons and Dragons
Green Lantern
Wolf Creek
The latest Omen
The new version of the Wicker Man
An Inconvenient Truth

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Mine ... In no particular order
Inglorious Bastards
The 3 latest Star Wars movies
Dungeons and Dragons
Green Lantern
Wolf Creek
The latest Omen
The new version of the Wicker Man
An Inconvenient Truth
If you'd said Alpha Papa I would be over there to pour a Lady Boy over your head 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts