Trad Talk Forums banner

World Games In Wroclaw Poland

6K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  Demmer 
#1 ·
If anyone is interested, there is a barebow division in the world games. Check out World Archery's Facebook pace for links to videos, pictures and live stream. I know it's not the most common thing put out there, since it only happens once every four years. It's like our barebow Olympics. It's pretty cool and very prestigious. Maybe one day you too will like to compete in it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
I am also in Poland and I had a great day with Demmer today!

For those who don´t know about what the World Games is, it´s kind of an alternate Olympics with about 3500 athletes competing in sports that are not Olympic. Sports like different kind of gymnastics, trampoline, billiard, dart, floorball, bowling, dancing, fin swimming, sport climbing, orienteering and much more join together for a really big sports event.

For the barebow archery, there are only 12 spots per gender. You have to earn your spot at the WA World Field Archery championship the year before. The world champion gets a golden ticket and so does the hosting country. The other ten spots go to the following 10 archers, however with a maximum of one archer per country, not including the world champion.

#13 ·
The Shoot-Up elimination is a new format of match play that has rendered a lot of likes. Instead of the normal eliminations where the points are reset to zero in every round, and half of the archers move on, the shoot-up format is tried for the first time in a big international competition. I think the idea comes from Lancaster Classic, but I have never been there so I am not sure. Anyway, the basic idea is that the archers with the two lowest ranks face each other in the first match. The winner stays in the game and goes up against the next up in the ranking. Then the winner stays again and shoots against the next in the rank. And so on until you have the last man or women standing. In this case, the archers are split into two pools and the winner of each pool gets to shoot the semi final against either rank 1 or 2 that both are directly qualified for the semi finals.

This makes the qualification round really count. I definitely like it!

#18 ·
#28 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.