Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,720 Posts
Cheers, didn't even know there was a city called that in the US...

Paris, Kentucky
Paris, Maine
Paris, Michigan
Paris, Mississippi
Paris, Missouri
Paris, New Hampshire
Paris, New York
Paris, Portage County, Ohio
Paris, Stark County, Ohio
Paris, Oregon
Paris, Pennsylvania
Paris, Tennessee
Paris, Texas
Paris, Virginia
Paris, Wisconsin

:)

• Haha
Reactions: everwood

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Paris, Kentucky
Paris, Maine
Paris, Michigan
Paris, Mississippi
Paris, Missouri
Paris, New Hampshire
Paris, New York
Paris, Portage County, Ohio
Paris, Stark County, Ohio
Paris, Oregon
Paris, Pennsylvania
Paris, Tennessee
Paris, Texas
Paris, Virginia
Paris, Wisconsin

:)
Bloody copy cats! Get yer own names :cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bows may have adjustable limbs for poundage and tiller adjustment.
With that change, my wooden ILF riser now qualifies for Traditional class, without making any modification to the limb bolts.

Reactions: Draven O and Remote

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I could be wrong, but the wire rest and exposed metal weights would bump it to Barebow class.
Yep weights have to be inside the actual riser, hidden. Can only use simple weather rest or it's off the shelf. Unless I'm reading wrong. Maybe DDD is joking though.

Any case glad about the tiller bolts on my wooden riser being OK now, without having to fix one down.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Yep, two compounds both shot fingers. Setup for two classes fingers and Barebow, as well as hunting. Both have dropway rest. Been that way since keith Barner inertia drop-away1981.
Three recurves
One 62" Dryad Orion bolt down. Instinctive trad. I call it something different.
One 68" Borders triple carbon trad. I really like this one.
Best for last.
One 68" to 70" Triple D barebow bow class and hunting bow. Can shoot my shelf kit as well as my adjustable crawl shoot thru rests.

·
Registered
135 Posts
To add to the fire/stir the pot, I know a few that skipped over reading this. However no bow quivers are now allowed in ASA according to the WA rules.

I know a lot of trad guys that use bow quivers that compete.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Next year I will shoot the new ASA Traditional class. I am not a string walker, so the new class fits me pretty well. 25 yard max makes it a pretty easy & fun class. We might get a few new shooters. I already have a Pat Norris wood riser that shoots well with a Hoyt Super Rest.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Next year I will shoot the new ASA Traditional class. I am not a string walker, so the new class fits me pretty well. 25 yard max makes it a pretty easy & fun class. We might get a few new shooters. I already have a Pat Norris wood riser that shoots well with a Hoyt Super Rest.
Hey guys could you clarify my understanding on risers allowed for traditional class? I understand there has to be wood in the riser but can have a small amount of phenolic or mikarta. What I am not clear on is the use of metal risers. I believe metal risers are not allowed in the traditional class but I have seen so many different opinions on metal risers I am confused. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bloody copy cats! Get yer own names :cool:
It's worse than you think. We copy copies over here. Portland Oregon is named after Portland Maine. Portland Maine is named after Portland Dorset.
Hey guys could you clarify my understanding on risers allowed for traditional class? I understand there has to be wood in the riser but can have a small amount of phenolic or mikarta.
If I remember my World Archery rules the wood has to go all along the entire length of the riser. Having it be mostly be resin with wood accents would disqualify it. This riser qualifies.

In fact it is pictured as an example of a qualifying riser. I wish I had the document that has examples of qualified and disqualified risers. Someone with better Google-fu may be able to find it.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
To add to the fire/stir the pot, I know a few that skipped over reading this. However no bow quivers are now allowed in ASA according to the WA rules.

I know a lot of trad guys that use bow quivers that compete.
Probably good from a score perspective. Technically every arrow that is taken from the bow quiver changes tune a little. Could of course have a hip quiver alongside, and leave the bow quiver full, but that would be weird.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts