Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I have been bitten by the Wood bow bug....Again....I used to mess around with making wooden bows, made Osage character bows for my son and nephew, an oak flatbow for my Daughter, a white ash Eastern Woodland flatbow for my sister in law (for pre-1840's period correct re-enactment Rendezvous shooting) and some quickie semi-Bhutan style bamboo bows.. I have several oak, elm, and maple board bows roughed in from several years back, and a good bit of Osage that I cut about 15 years ago ...I've never made a bow for myself, and with my current work schedule, it seems that shooting the bigger 3-D comps. is mostly out for this year, and I've just been shooting local 3-D shoots.....SOOO...I've been re-reading my copies of the TBB books, and I have the itch real bad to build a few different wooden bow designs, if for nothing else, just to ease the desire I have for a semi-long English style bow, and a Mollegebet/Holmgaard design...I also have a soft spot for a mid length Native American D-style design, which will likely be the first bow that I build, I have a couple roughed out, and ready to begin the limb shaping and early tillering...Wish me luck, I'm probably gonna need it!!...;)........Jim

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I've heard Demmer builds a FINE looking bow.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)
No....that's not true....I've seen his bows...they are unfinished never seen a spec of sandpaper..saw lines and maybe even a hatchet mark or two!!!

Lol!!

But it did shoot pretty good.

Dewayne

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.