Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Wing presentation bow for my son. 38# @ 28" 69" in length, a 65" string and a Selway stringer for recurve bows.
Problem: I have a huge amount of trouble stringing the beast! I have to bend real low in order to get both feet in the proper alignment on the stringer's string and the "rubber block" does not stay in place once I pull the bow up putting tension on the limbs.
In my estimation either the stringer' s string is too short or my arms aren't long enough.
Any suggestions solving this problem would be welcome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Use 1 foot? That's what I do. It works. But, mine has extra line in case I need to shorten/lengthen it (the stringer). If you want to buy another stringer, check the sites. I'm sure they have one for that length bow.

BTW, the word is: do not use the old 'between the legs' stringing/unstringing method on an older bow like that. I warped one back in the day by doing just that thing.

All the best,
GLH

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Feet wider apart on the stringer, bend at the knees. Like any other 'lift', use your legs, not your back.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Robert - spread your feet 2-3' apart on top of the stringer, and hold the rubber block in place until there's sufficient tension on the limbs to remove your hand and slide the loop up into the nock grooves. Good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Robert - spread your feet 2-3' apart on top of the stringer, and hold the rubber block in place until there's sufficient tension on the limbs to remove your hand and slide the loop up into the nock grooves. Good luck!
Hey Cyrille....this is exactly what I do with my Wing presentation. .....and I have the some stringer......both feet on the stringer string......pulling up with one hand while holding the rubber block till the limb is bent enough for the rubber block to stay in place....then slide my hand over to put the bow string onto its notch....work great!

·
Locomo
843 Posts
I been using one foot in the middle of a Selway forever. I do like Green/Amsoillarry mentioned, Push the block out towards the tip and hold until the bow slacks enough to string.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll keep all suggestions in mind. Right now however the bow is out being fitted for a presentation case. I'll report back when the bow is returned to let y'all know what's, what.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts