Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wing archery SWIFT WING 66" S-2973 42#
I was given this bow years ago (around 96 or so) and used it for a few years. I thought it was lost then recently found it in my father's atic. Other than a few rub marks, it looks fine.
Can anyone tell me anything about it.
How old is it?
Can I still shoot it?

·
Novice
165 Posts
I have a swift wing from wing archery, also 66 inches long but 38 lb. serial number S7-DM68. Unfortunately, I don't know how to decode the serial numbers. Except that the S stands for Swift. It looks like a 5 and some people report it as such.

They changed the bow a lot but left the name the same. I have never seen a picture of one that looks like mine.

I do know that a course way to identIfy the date of the bow is the marking on the limb. Prior to about 1968, wing used a sticker on the limb. Some of these have fallen off by now. In about 1968 wing switched to a printed decal on the limb. Mine has the decal. Wing was preparing to sell the company. In late 69 or perhaps 1970, the sale was complete and the new owners name was printed on the decal. It might be Head Ski. Anyway, if it says anything besides Wing, then it is after 1970. Mine was made in 1969 since it has the decal but not the other company. When I found mine, I quit reaserching.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts