Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Funny I was looking at Marlin's 39A just this morning. Never shot a Winchester but I think you can't go wrong with the lever action in any caliber. A 22 would be a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
My goodness sakes grab it up right now! They are one of the very best if not the very best lever 22 ever made,,aside from from the good old 39 because it would be plum dam s acrimoniously rude to say anything but good about such a great rifle cause it is one,,,,,and boy do I wish I had kept that 94 22 and am still kicking my own butt for selling it,,,,mannnnnn,,,,,,:waaah:

·
Premium Member
12,786 Posts
a shooting friend of mine has one, LOVEs it.
I've shot it.....pretty stinking good.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If it's calling your name there's only one thing I can think of to do....:D
I have had 2 over the years. One was a tack driver, XTR version, checkered and walnut, I traded it in a moment of weakness for a .357 Ruger. Next one I had was mediocre with std velocity ammo, hated hot rounds like stingers, yellow jackets. It did not stay long. I have had several 39 Marlins, best ever lever 22 in my book as far as accuracy and mechanicals, have 2 now. they will only go up in price, If price is decent nab it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.