Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the Winact riser. Any experiecnces with it...? A 23" with short SF glass limbs might be nice for hunting. around $350 or so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It appears no one has a Winact riser. Any opinions would be appreciated as Alt Serv. has them reasonabley priced right now. Thanks in advance. Tom

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Frankly I've always considered the Winact overpriced for what you get. You can get comparable risers for $100 less. The two that I've handled didn't offer anything that more inexpensive riser did.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess my question is, How do they shoot, or how do they feel at the shot, or something like that...? At $340 I thought they were high also but I'm seeing them at $260 and was wondering if at that price they might be worth the mula.
I'm shooting a Pinnacle ll right now and realy like it, never had an olympic riser as such and thought this one might be fun because i could use a plunger button on it to help tune arrows. But only if it is a descent riser.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Bugeater
Have you posted on Archery Talk?
There is a site that can give you more information as it is more into Olympic style shooting.
Give that a try.

Erich

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
If a light, medium flex riser is what you're looking for, the Winact fits the bill. The two I've shot were mounted with light weight (26# & 28#) cheapo limbs, so not really a valid test. However at 1100grams, the 25" Winact is one of the lightest Oly risers I've ever handled. Personally I prefer something in the 1200grams range, but that's just me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My thought would be to purchase a 23" Hoyt Excell Riser; lower initial cost and most likely the same performance. There is a RH black one posted on EBAY. You could get the SF limbs for use with the riser. I am sure that combination would make an excellent hunting bow. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
779 Posts
My thought would be to purchase a 23" Hoyt Excell Riser; lower initial cost and most likely the same performance. There is a RH black one posted on EBAY. You could get the SF limbs for use with the riser. I am sure that combination would make an excellent hunting bow. Just my 2 cents.
After doing a lot of research I just ordered the 23inch Excell riser and SF limbs from Alt. Services. I think that for the money it's a great deal,and would be very comparable in performance with the Winact. Something to consider.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.