Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alternative Sporting Services has 2006 Winact limbs on their web site. They list for around $300, depending on the current exchange rate. I remember reading somewhere the "new" Winact limbs had the Honeycomb structure of the old XQ-1 and the current WinEx. I'm wondering if these "2006 Winact" limbs are just the XQ-1 with the old WinAct name stuck on them? I can't find were I read that anymore and was wondering if anyone has a pair or knows anything about this?

Dave

PS: Oh, and I tried the Win&Win website and learned nothing.

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I take it no one has a new pair of these or knows anything about them? Interesting!! Thought sure someone would have a pair. Oh well...smiley face goes here.

Dave

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Dave,
W&W has been terrible about using the same names for totally different limbs. The only "Winacts" that I've seen are wood core, not foam at all. I know they used the word "synerzy" on limbs with wood, titanium, and foam, which was really confusing.

David

·
wannabe
2,160 Posts
I got the impression that the 2007 Winacts are still wood core. There was some discussion on them at the AIUK forum some time back. Don't have any hard facts on it, though.

W&W sure sets an example on how to create a clear and informative website...

-bm.

·
Spearhead
3,517 Posts
DA
I have a pair of 36# medium winact limbs 2006, Understanding they was carbon honeycomb foam, When I got them they are deffinatly wood carbon limbs.
They are on my target bow. Big diffrence between indoor and out (in the winter)

·
Barebow Recurve Shooter
4,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coodster,

That's exactly what I was afraid of. Sorry you didn't get what you ordered but I appreciate you letting me know.

Thanks for the other feedback too. My question has been answered.

Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.