Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to me it is not. Most people I know have pizza as a meal

Pizza, pasta salad, antipasto. nice

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I got turned off to pizza a few years ago...Im no picky eater, but I got tired of soggy, dripping, tasteless pies. I know its not impossible because I have experienced it, but how hard can it be to make a decent pizza?

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Pizza, the breakfast of choice for the hungover man. Well either that or left over Doner Kebab 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Not exactly a 'health' food but depending on topping choices it can be a fairly balanced meal.

Of course, if you order the 'carnivore supreme' it can be a cardiologists' nightmare, too!

Then again, I've been known to turn a salad bar into a weapon of self-destruction. More cheese! More croutons! Bacon bits? Heck, yeah!

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I got turned off to pizza a few years ago...Im no picky eater, but I got tired of soggy, dripping, tasteless pies. I know its not impossible because I have experienced it, but how hard can it be to make a decent pizza?
We have a lot of pizza shops around here, some are mediocre, a few are awesome. I know folks who will drive ten miles, past eleven others, to hit their favorite shops.

And you can start a three-hour 'discussion' any place by asking which is the best ;-)

Reactions: Mike S

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The best I have anywhere near me is more of a tomato pie...crispy on the bottom and soft on top.It comes from, of all places, a farmers market.

Jerseyboy will likely know the place I'm referring to. Dana its a 40 min ride for me I just stop in there if I go there for other reasons. The rest of the year I try and avoid pizza from my local grease buckets lol

·
EastOutfitters
34 Posts
During the grandson's baseball season, the take and Bake pizza is a fairly regular meal around here, quick, easy, tasty, and did I mention quick? :)

·
Premium Member
20,889 Posts
My son in law went to Italy last year and ate pasta everywhere. He said there is most likely no meat and lots of sauce with bread and olive oil.

We Americans have loaded the Pizza with the good stuff!;)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Sam,

Like Paella, pizza in it's original sense, was a means of serving whatever was left over.

Never meant to be a dish/meal in itself

No one would ever serve it to guets. (poor man's food)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Webster, if it's poor mans food, then bring it on. I'm dead broke! I love the stuff. Glass of cold beer or a soda pop if I'm driving, and man I'm in business! Of course see my avatar. I'm no stranger to food. Just ask my skinny little doctor. I told him to leave me alone, or I'd give him and exam sans gloves! LOL!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Webster, if it's poor mans food, then bring it on. I'm dead broke! I love the stuff. Glass of cold beer or a soda pop if I'm driving, and man I'm in business! Of course see my avatar. I'm no stranger to food. Just ask my skinny little doctor. I told him to leave me alone, or I'd give him and exam sans gloves! LOL!
John,

I meant in its original context.

We eat and serve it all the time.

Love the stuff..

Somewhat along the same lines, I'm in the process of baking some ciabatta.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
""Dana its a 40 min ride for me I just stop in there if I go there for other reasons. The rest of the year I try and avoid pizza from my local grease buckets lol ""

It's about an hour from here to the Hartford CT Cabelas, but there are some good restaurants in that area. I've heard about a place that does awesome clam pizzas nearby, been meaning to try it. Yeah, clams. It's a New England thing ;-)

Reactions: Mike S
1 - 18 of 18 Posts