Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Pretty slick. Bet it goes "click" though.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey friend! I noticed that as well - maybe carpenters and auto mechanics have a common thought process? I wonder if the noise could be reduced or eliminated; still it's a pretty unique and simple solution to a problem IMO.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I simply prefer a grip that fits. Once whittled down a 'target' style grip for a J frame, made it into a 'splinter' that fit my hand well.

Tried a friend's 'Ladysmith' with the stuppy rubber grip,it worked for her but I hated that thing to pieces. Want all my fingers engaged. Pachmayr made a good grip for the J frame. Can't see the point of carrying something too 'concealable' to be effective when you most need it!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I dont want more moving pieces that arent vital.
And as mentioned above - IT MAKES NOISE.

I can shoot adequately without my little finger. Its a trade off I can accept for concealment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yeah, no need to add noise. Hmm, wonder if it can be left down. My hands are pretty wide yet the conceal-ability of the gun is great because it is so small. More than likely if I need to use the gun it will be in close quarters and it won't be an issue. Thought it was a good idea for a little more control though, because it is a .357/.38+p and it bucks good.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
"My hands are pretty wide yet the conceal-ability of the gun is great because it is so small. More than likely if I need to use the gun it will be in close quarters and it won't be an issue."

Interesting. I come to the opposite conclusion - if I really need it, concealability takes second place to controllability, regardless of distance.

Bearing in mind that hand strength etc. plays a role in the decision process. Arthritis will make you think twice!

·
Registered
205 Posts
If you have to shoot somebody attacking, with a knife, bat, tire iron, etc... the comfort of the gun in hand will not be a concern. Comfort of carrying is another matter and important also. The true concern will be whether or not it can be pulled and used. Granted, it is situational, but statistically it will be close range. My duty weapon is much more comfortable to shoot than any of my concealed carry guns. In a perfect world a rifle is preferred!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Yeah, no need to add noise. Hmm, wonder if it can be left down. My hands are pretty wide yet the conceal-ability of the gun is great because it is so small. More than likely if I need to use the gun it will be in close quarters and it won't be an issue. Thought it was a good idea for a little more control though, because it is a .357/.38+p and it bucks good.
i went to a lighter weight bullet in my Airweight for that very reason. the normal weight +P .38s were uncomfortable to shoot in such a light pistol w/a short grip. (my wife HATED them, and refused to shoot after just 2 rounds) they say the gun you will carry is the best one to carry because you WILL have it if you need it. as a downside, i've walked into banks, bars etc with it because i forgot it was in my pocket. ooops!:oops:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts