Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what's been said in another thread, it seems that Dave (Pappabull) has sold or has handed over control TT.
Who's running the show now then?. I ask because as you can see from the Charter member badge I've been here longer than most.

Reactions: Greysides

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Yes, it would be nice to know what's happening.

I've always felt the members 'owned' the forum. I know that's not actually the case but we all have interest invested in it.

Reactions: Jon Lewis

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
PBC Custom Strings was simply "Pappa Bull's" DBA name when he started the site back in 2004. I do not know who has it now.

·
Registered
677 Posts
THe domain name owner is not blocked.

A quick check shows something that I never would have guessed from a site this small……

The registered owner is……….

http://www.forumfoundry.com/

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not much concerned.

Should this site turn into McTradTalk - and I truly hope it does not - setting up a domain and a forum engine is about as easy as changing a pair of socks these days. Though a bit more expensive. :cool:

"Build it and they (we) will come", as the adage goes . . . The bookmark may change, but not the legacy.

Regards,

Salskov

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
It is the only forum I know that you can discuss hunting and stringwakling seriously.

The only site I know that that a half a dozen real trad hunters hunt from a fixed crawl.

In fact I think the forum is in good shape from a posters stabs point. I don't feel the change being addressed. the thing I can say is I am still pick up great info from the best ibo and field shooters in the states.

!not sure how the change of ownership will shake out but wevare tradtalk.

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
THe domain name owner is not blocked.

A quick check shows something that I never would have guessed from a site this small……

The registered owner is……….

http://www.forumfoundry.com/
======================

Hello All
Mitch I read all of the link you listed. I fail to see a connection here. Could you enlighten me a little more here. How you came to your conclusion and tied it in with Trad Talk . Sorry but I'm not seeing it. [ Later

·
Registered
677 Posts
======================

Hello All
Mitch I read all of the link you listed. I fail to see a connection here. Could you enlighten me a little more here. How you came to your conclusion and tied it in with Trad Talk . Sorry but I'm not seeing it. [ Later
Unk Bond, searching for the owner of a website via the websites registered name is easy……..unless the owner pays a small fee to keep the owners name anonymous.

There are many "domain whois" search engines, and they all have the same data.

Here is a link to one, simply type "tradtalk" in the box and hit the search button.

http://who.godaddy.com/?gclid=CPXbk...ype=b&ef_id=YEtOwXRNX1gAAEQK:20140505022323:s

About midway down the confusing data it will list the registrants name, city, and state of their business office.:)

Reactions: Unkle Bond

·
Registered
677 Posts
Oh, one more thing……..although I spent maybe a minute looking over Forum Foundry`s website, I saw no mention of TrakTalk.com there.

That said, there is no doubt that Forum Foundry owns the site we are talking on right now. :)

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
Unk Bond, searching for the owner of a website via the websites registered name is easy……..unless the owner pays a small fee to keep the owners name anonymous.

There are many "domain whois" search engines, and they all have the same data.

Here is a link to one, simply type "tradtalk" in the box and hit the search button.

http://who.godaddy.com/?gclid=CPXbk...ype=b&ef_id=YEtOwXRNX1gAAEQK:20140505022323:s

About midway down the confusing data it will list the registrants name, city, and state of their business office.:)
===============
Hello All
Thanks Mich
Your handier than a pocket on a shirt [ Smile ] Later

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Using the go daddy site here's part of what's available:

WHOIS search results for:TRADTALK.COM(Registered)
Is this your
domain? GO
Add hosting, email and more.
Want to buy
this domain? GO
Get it with our Domain Buy service.
Domain Name: TRADTALK.COM
Registry Domain ID: 116288816_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2014-04-04 16:07:44
Creation Date: 2004-04-06 13:00:03
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-04-06 13:00:03
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Domain Contact
Registrant Organization: Forum Foundry
Registrant Street: P.O. Box 3503
Registrant City: Cedar Park
Registrant State/Province: Texas
Registrant Postal Code: 78613
Registrant Country: United States
R

Cedar Park, Tx ??? That any help?

Tom

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Even under different ownership, if the members stay and the moderators stay, is there really any difference?

I hope things don't change, this is a great site.
That's my feeling as well EK

1 - 20 of 146 Posts