Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Four of us are planning to go up on Friday, and spend all day on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Will not be making this year again.
Have a week long fly fishing Trout Camp that weekend.

Have a great time and pictures.... lots of pictures..

Erich

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
I have some obligatory family obligations this year and will probably only be there on Friday this year, plus maybe wed/thurs to help with set up

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I will be at Compton, because I get to see some people that I only get to interact with once or twice a year. Besides I grew up 10 miles from where it is held and I get to visit my mom and do some work around the old home the same weekend.

Erich - Sorry to miss you again this year. I love to fly fish also and a fly fishing trip versus Compton makes for a hard choice.

Sam - I understand your take on this. I am not a member of Compton or the PBS either, but I support some of their stances. To each his own. I have friends that are ranking members of Compton and the PBS that have been trying to get me to join for years. But, like you I have a couple of issues. 1) I don't like that two tier system. I believe if you are paying for a membership you should be a member without restrictions. And 2) killing so many big game animals should not be a criteria. 3) As much as I like to bow hunt, I am not a professional bow hunter, I am a just a recreational bow hunter. And lastly, I have never been much of a joiner with it comes to organizations. Seems that when they take a stance on an issue I don't agree with, I am expected to stand with them regardless, and that is just not me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
whats the weather forcasted to be like, i know its a little early yet, wife checked the other day and long range had rain in it, probably depends on where you look.Be nice if a local could keeps us in the weather loop as it gets close to time. We have been getting our share of rain here in NE Wi, woods are pretty wet here, hows is Berrin Springs?

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Rink more? Okay... a rink (here) is a place to ice skate. So.... what's a rink there?

As for the bull spin'n (?).... I doubt it, but you've got to come to one of these things sometime to find out. :^)

Reactions: aroadik

·
Banned
548 Posts
NOT me,,they are supporting the PBS. I do not support anyone who claims to be all trad and then supports a Compound inclusive Corporation which is the PBS.
Really?

Would you have a problem if these vendors/products were at a trad archery event too?

3Rivers
Lancaster Archery Supply
Bear Archery
Hoyt
Easton
Beman
Carbon Express?
PSE
Fred Eichler
Martin Archery
Bohning
Muzzy
Limbsavers
Brownell
BCY
Kwikee Kwiver
NAP
Win&Win
Gold Tip
Victory
etc.
etc.
etc.

These are all "compound inclusive." Should we eliminate them or anyone who carries their products too?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I missed the very first CTB Rendezvous and haven't missed one since. This year Rachel and I will be a half hour south in Indiana for the NFAA outdoor sectionals. If we finish our field and half animal rounds in time we may try to make it up there to visit with some folks for a while. There are a lot of people I only see once a year and I'd like to visit with them for a while.

Regarding Comptons themselves, I've been a proud member for over a decade and very much enjoy the organization. Right from the start they figured out they could best promote traditional archery by focusing on what they love instead of constantly harping on everything else. Too may traditional archery organizations spend most of their time spreading hate, and it's refreshing too see one that refuses to do so.

·
Pete
5,610 Posts
Rink more? Okay... a rink (here) is a place to ice skate. So.... what's a rink there?

As for the bull spin'n (?).... I doubt it, but you've got to come to one of these things sometime to find out. :^)
Rink :sbrug: new one on me too, and id love to come to Cromptons like Ben said, nothing like it in Oz.
Man, I would smile forever. :) :) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.