Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning with two emails 1 from altservices and the other from Sid, both were wanting money via Paypal.

This project bow is going to be Hex6 BB2 on a Fiberbow (23"). I think this will be the lightest mass weight bow that you can buy on the market. Which will be great for stumping, light hunting, and some 3d. I am extremely EXCITED! Sid was kind enough to put some BB2s up on the sale page for 15% off, so I jumped on a pair that was unfinished that I will get pretty close to the finish of the fiberbow and think it will match pretty well!!!

Have a great day,
Kasey

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt,
I am a single young man, with school paid for by uncle sam, and scholarships going into my bank... So I end up with this problem of hearing about sales and not being able to help myself!

Rusty,
I have been thinking of the riser since the release. Everwood and I bought BB2's a year or so ago (then Sid goes and puts some more up for sale with minimal wait! Ha yea!). The first thing I noticed when I picked up the limbs was how incredibly light they were. The fiberbow is something ridiculous like a pound and a few grams. I have a shibuya CPX that I got on AT from a coumpounder for stupid cheap, and a b-stinger stab (<12") that will be enough to get it to tip forward (again found used by a compounder).

I have a couple weeks before spring break... don't know if it will be here in time but I am patiently waiting... kinda.

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
12,821 Posts
Kasey, I look forward to seeing the pictures & hearing your shooting results.
Congrats!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok guys thanks for the words of encouragement, but I am pretty sure I have a problem... I may have a pretty sweet set up to let go pretty cheap in a few weeks after I see what I can do for limb riser combos. I am running our of rack room!

Have a great weekend,
Kasey

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Nice combination. I had a fiberbow and loved the light weight. Your 23" sounds like it will be a very versatile rig. Looking forward to pictures.

Rasyad

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Ok guys thanks for the words of encouragement, but I am pretty sure I have a problem... I may have a pretty sweet set up to let go pretty cheap in a few weeks after I see what I can do for limb riser combos. I am running our of rack room!

Have a great weekend,
Kasey
Get a bigger rack?:sbrug:
I look forward to hearing about your new rig, congrats! :highfive:

·
j-san = Jason
1,684 Posts
If I didn't have a family, I'd get a bigger rack and a few more of them. Unlike my wife, I have no problems at all with living in a house where the walls are covered floor to ceiling with bows and archery tackle.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
OK lets see what this looks like.

Kasey

I stole my other string, which is just hit 7" brace height, which means this 68" bow is slightly longer than my other 68"

·
ryan brodrick
2,137 Posts
I will get the mass weight of the bow next week if Kasey didn't mail it out already. He keeps sending me all his gear to play with and build strings for him.

Also, Kasey only mentions going to school and buying bows with his "Uncle Sam money" but forgets to mention his full load of courses, that he's in his 4th year of biology and health and human services study, that he goes to school year round (including summers)and that the reason he is able to do this is because of focus, determination and his multiple tours in the desert and the fact that the humV he was in was blown up by an IED during his last tour.

Kaseys bills look like this: rent, school, bows lol.

·
Premium Member
12,821 Posts
Kasey, it looks good, looking forward to shooting impressions.
Everwood, thanks for the insights.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Guys,
Actually I hate to dispute the details, but bills look like rent, insurance, bows! I am in school and that is paid for by my service in the military, and because I get scholarships I get to buy some really cool toys. Sometimes too many!!! Right now I have this new bow, GMX x2 with Borders, and then the Centaur/Excel combo... and have spoken for a Dalaa. I don't know what limbs I will put on that.

I hope to get some more pics up (if they aren't all blurry). I mailed the bow to Ryan earlier today so I cant weigh it. If I had to guess with stab and sight, still at or under 4lbs.

I really like how this bow flows, and like how the matte fiber is on both limbs and riser!

Have a great day,
Kasey

·
ryan brodrick
2,137 Posts
Jeeze, you sent limbs too?!

Here's what the bow stable us going to look like:

Hoyt horizon pro 25" blue anodized
Hoyt gmx 23" camo dipped
Win/win rcx-100 25" matte carbon/white
Hoyt excel 21" blackout
Fiber bow 5.3 matte carbon