Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
420 Posts
Legal in Minnesota. I have hunted with a handgun before and used a iron sight revolver in .41 Remington with a camera tripod as a shooting rest. From a seated position I could get a tennis ball sized group at twenty yards. Sadly I deer never got closer than 30 yards.

· Premium Member
21,787 Posts
I used to sit in a treestand during gun season with a Bow. No good bow shot on a deer, out came the 6 inch L frame with 158 grain HP's handloads.
Taken a bunch with 45 acp hydra shocks. L frame magnum better choice. 10 mm in hot loads is a 41 magnum.

· Registered
14 Posts
Anyone out there hunting deer with a 10mm? (I know the answer is, probably, no.) If you can use a bow, why not a handgun?
Anyone out there hunting deer with a 10mm? (I know the answer is, probably, no.) If you can use a bow, why not a handgun?
If I don't have a bow in my hand, I have a pistola! I traded my glock 20 10mm in 2 days ago for the Sig x ten! I'll be carrying it this season.

· Registered
14 Posts
I traded my Glock 10mm for a 6” Ruger 357 GP 100 which is a tack driver. I use Underwood’s 158grn XTP.
I love the gp100 and the black hawk. The 158gr xtp is one of my favorites to load in all my hunting pistols. If you hand load or cast your own bullets, a 150gr wadcutter will be the most accurate bullet you can put through a 38 special case!

· Registered
5,002 Posts
i have carried my Ruger Security 6 .357 deer hunting before. no shots to date. the first few times i shot it, i couldn't have killed myself with it if i had wanted to. now, with practice and better ammo, i've got a bit more confidence.

· Registered
283 Posts
When i used to run dogs for hogs…I would use a handgun if my knife made it sketchy.
Deer hunting Leg Human body Organism Grass

One of the few Instamatic pics that actually turned out.

Now I pack a G20 in big bear country as a backup to my bow…that just might be my favorite Glock.

· Registered
497 Posts
Next year maybe. I have a RIA10mm and a Taurus 689 in 357 begging for the chance.

· Registered
62 Posts
I killed an 8 pointer at 58 yards with a Ruger Super Redhawk 9 1/2" barrel and a Sightmark Ultra red dot sight. I was using my reloads of a hard cast 240 SWC. :cool:
I'll be using a R.I.A. 10mm Pro Match Ultra Tactical with a 6" match grade bull barrel. My reloads of a 180 gr. Hornady JHP.
Snow Vertebrate Mammal Deer Fawn

Attachments

· Registered
421 Posts
I have an EZ, the cops gave me 400 rounds, not for hunting. I do hunt with one handgun, .177 cal, co2 auto pistol, for starlings and cats out of my upstairs window when I get board in February. Starlings hog my bird feeders then and the cats that eat baby birds and baby rabbits in the spring come to eat the downed starlings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts