Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Losing arrows since 1966
337 Posts
getting good groups but I am hitting to the left of center. Which way doni adjust my center shot?1
...we need a little more information please...
... like right handed, or left... what kind of bow and what spine arrow...
... guessing right handed, and guessing correct arrow, it is shooting stiff, and needs to move in (less side plate, more centered), but never in past center.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
assuming I need to.move my center shot. Which way do I move it
...we need a little more information please...
... like right handed, or left... what kind of bow and what spine arrow...
... guessing right handed, and guessing correct arrow, it is shooting stiff, and needs to move in (less side plate, more centered), but never in past center.
right hand decut riser 32# limbs 700 spine arrows.
Line blur inside of the riser.
was hitting slightly left before now added some weight and hitting left solid in the 6-7 ring but good group and good height

·
Losing arrows since 1966
337 Posts
... I'm not sure I understand this correctly... as a left hand shooter, hitting left is a weak arrow for me... it should indicate stiff for you...
... you added weight and it got worse?... what point weight did you start with, and what did you go to?...
... and so everyone is on the same page, what kind of a rest are you using?...

Edit: a 700 spine at 32#, even with a 125gr point ( again, assuming a full length arrow, which is another question that needs an answer... if they are cut short, we are back to stiff arrows), is trending weak to start with... there my be something else going on... a bad pluck will make you impact to the left... and you can group very well, just off... making you think that the center shot needs adjustment...

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
From what you've described so far (I think) you either have your sideplate too far to the outside or you have an alignment issue or both.

• Helpful
Reactions: Gnome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
... I'm not sure I understand this correctly... as a left hand shooter, hitting left is a weak arrow for me... it should indicate stiff for you...
... you added weight and it got worse?... what point weight did you start with, and what did you go to?...
... and so everyone is on the same page, what kind of a rest are you using?...

Edit: a 700 spine at 32#, even with a 125gr point ( again, assuming a full length arrow, which is another question that needs an answer... if they are cut short, we are back to stiff arrows), is trending weak to start with... there my be something else going on... a bad pluck with make you impact to the left... and you can group very well, just off... making you think that the center shot needs adjustment...
Shiyba dx plunger with wire rest. 100 grain points with 30 inch arrows Grove to end of.point

·
Losing arrows since 1966
337 Posts
Shiyba dx plunger with wire rest. 100 grain points with 30 inch arrows Grove to end of.point
... sounds right for 32#... try what c_m_shooter suggested, then take two more off, just to see what it does...

Edit: ... at 32# I shoot a 30" 600 spine, 150gr point, set to .015 outside of center...
... I set centershot with a dial caliper, using the cut passed center dimension, plus 1/2 of the arrow diameter, as measured to the outside of the arrow, on a compressed plunger...

·
Super Moderator
2,944 Posts
Ya, it might not be the bow and the center shot. Improving your alignment and making a stronger shot will move the groups to the right.

But to answer your question- move center shot to the right. - lbg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
... sounds right for 32#... try what c_m_shooter suggested, then take two more off, just to see what it does...

Edit: ... at 32# I shoot a 30" 600 spine, 150gr point, set to .015 outside of center...
... I set centershot with a dial caliper, using the cut passed center dimension, plus 1/2 of the arrow diameter, as measured to the outside of the arrow, on a compressed plunger...
thanks guys one turn out of the plunger and I am good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts