Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a DAS 21" that I really like. I have never shot the other two you mentioned, but I bet I would like them too. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a DAS 21" that I really like. I have never shot the other two you mentioned, but I bet I would like them too. :)
I am also considering the Spig BB Barebow, 3 lb riser. I see you have it also. I really want more weight.... but want it to seem like a hunting bow rather than olympic. 25 inch... whew that would be a big change from my present bow. How do you like the spig? How does it compare to your DAS? Is there a noticable weight difference? I'm courious, what net advantages to a big bow like that?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I am also considering the Spig BB Barebow, 3 lb riser. I see you have it also. I really want more weight.... but want it to seem like a hunting bow rather than olympic. 25 inch... whew that would be a big change from my present bow. How do you like the spig? How does it compare to your DAS? Is there a noticable weight difference? I'm courious, what net advantages to a big bow like that?
I like the Spig BB just fine. I have it weighted down pretty heavy. It is good for a target bow, but I would not use it for a hunting bow unless it was all I had.

Longer and heavier work well for me for target shooting, but the DAS 21" with medium limbs makes a 64" bow, still pretty sweet shooting. I should have some Morrison Max2 limbs for the DAS handle pretty soon, and although it is meant to be a hunting bow for me, I am going to give it a try for 3-D`s as well.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the Spig BB just fine. I have it weighted down pretty heavy. It is good for a target bow, but I would not use it for a hunting bow unless it was all I had.

Longer and heavier work well for me for target shooting, but the DAS 21" with medium limbs makes a 64" bow, still pretty sweet shooting. I should have some Morrison Max2 limbs for the DAS handle pretty soon, and although it is meant to be a hunting bow for me, I am going to give it a try for 3-D`s as well.
LOL, a 25 inch Spig with my super short Hex5's would only be about a 60 inch bow. ..... I wonder... These hex 5's are 55 lbs at my draw on a 17 DAS. Wonder what changes would come by putting them on a 25 inch riser. Draw weight, draw length and speed?????

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
I have a 25 inch spig explorer and a 17 in das. The 34 lb winex (on a 25 inch riser, are 44 on my 17 inch das. Still have about a turn and a half out. You can figure around 44 on that spig with those borders

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 25 inch spig explorer and a 17 in das. The 34 lb winex (on a 25 inch riser, are 44 on my 17 inch das. Still have about a turn and a half out. You can figure around 44 on that spig with those borders
Thanks for the info. How is the draw affected switching... is the sweet spot in the same location? How about speed? I realize that with less draw weight, that speed is less. I guess I'm asking relative to the draw weight if one were considered fast at one weight, would it still be considered fast at the other?

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
You might consider a Cobra, 21", I just picked up a used one, these are very nice. I would be happy to weigh it for you. I also have a sky 21" if you need the weights.
Doug
Not to hijack this thread, but did you post a review of your sky riser? Would be interested in more info via a new thread or pm.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Thanks for the info. How is the draw affected switching... is the sweet spot in the same location? How about speed? I realize that with less draw weight, that speed is less. I guess I'm asking relative to the draw weight if one were considered fast at one weight, would it still be considered fast at the other?
Longer bow is smoother on the draw, speed varies with more or less weight.

Reactions: Sam Dunham

·
Registered
576 Posts
1gr8,
Uncertified digital scale,both without grips, both have the same GM springy installed.
Cobra 44.4 oz.
Sky 39. 5 oz.

The Cobra comes with two adjustable removable internal riser weights, one at 5 oz. one at 3 oz.

Ken, I can't give you much, both of these risers are new to me, as is the length. I do like 21", I'll PM more.
Doug

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1gr8,
Uncertified digital scale,both without grips, both have the same GM springy installed.
Cobra 44.4 oz.
Sky 39. 5 oz.

The Cobra comes with two adjustable removable internal riser weights, one at 5 oz. one at 3 oz.

Ken, I can't give you much, both of these risers are new to me, as is the length. I do like 21", I'll PM more.
Doug
Were the cobra removable internal weights installed when weighted?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1gr8,
Cobra 44.4 oz.
Sky 39. 5 oz.

Doug
LOL, my sky I have been shooting is 42.4 with limbs and rest. You can see why I looking for more weight. But I love this bow.:sbrug:

·
Registered
576 Posts
What Chad says, I was very fortunate to find a used one( thanks Zafar), I have only had a chance to get it out once at the range. I used the 5oz with some hanging out front, the outfit is very stable. I don't think it would be a great riser for shooting off the self. The black finish on mine is very grossy, not a great hunting option, I was eyeing up that snake camo too. I'm not a fan of snakes but if you have to have a snake, that would be my first choice... search for threads on here, that great Norwegian photographer dude:)( Nathan) had some great pics a few years ago( don't bother asking if he wants to sell, I already did!),,, check it out, that guy knows his photos, and bows.
Doug

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.