Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have a lot of bows I can hunt with, but my ILF riser of choice for hunting has become the F261 from Junxing. Machined high-end 7075 alu. Very well designed, all the bushings and balance in place. Has fine/micro LLA, unlike most wood ILF risers (and some cheap metal ones). Huge shot window. Inexpensive at 2x the price IMO.

Below is a USD550 setup (not incl. arrows and quiver) with the 19" F261 riser (they do it in 17" and 21" also) with 44lb Nika N3 55% carbon CF limbs, S-coil stabi and paracord silencers, BCY Mercury FF string. 62" bow @51lb OTF. I shoot off the shelf. ~210fps with 10GPP arrows. You can barely hear this bow.

Grass Sculpture Plant Groundcover Art

Sold as the EXE Scream at Lancaster Archery. JC sells it custom painted as the 'Optimus 1'. Also sold in a bow package as Pharos II

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a lot of bows I can hunt with, but my ILF riser of choice for hunting has become the F261 from Junxing. Machined high-end 7075 alu. Very well designed, all the bushings and balance in place. Has fine/micro LLA, unlike most wood ILF risers (and some cheap metal ones). Huge shot window. Inexpensive at 2x the price IMO.

Below is a USD550 setup (not incl. arrows and quiver) with the 19" F261 riser (they do it in 17" and 21" also) with 44lb Nika N3 55% carbon CF limbs, S-coil stabi and paracord silencers, BCY Mercury FF string. 62" bow @51lb OTF. I shoot off the shelf. ~210fps with 10GPP arrows. You can barely hear this bow.

View attachment 36129

Sold as the EXE Scream at Lancaster Archery. JC sells it custom painted as the 'Optimus 1'. Also sold in a bow package as Pharos II
What's the weight on that riser? I've looked into those but they look a little on the heavy side.

·
Registered
91 Posts

View attachment 36129

I have the 21" riser as the EXE Scream paired with Galaxy Bronze star limbs.It's my first trad bow and I got it the end of November and was able to take a doe with it during winter bow. After trying a friends Satori with Uukha Gobi's I ordered those limbs and am waiting on delivery from Alternatives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not saying it's the best really fine choices on here . I'm a one piece longbow guy but have a OMP CARBON Z15 riser [15"] of course. Currently have Samick R3's on it . I like a shorter riser in ILF . I just hunt and shoot " out back " . I might be odd man out but I'm not a metal guy . One can get a OMP carbon z15 riser on the cheap . It's the same as the larger/longer White Feather Lark. Funny thing a good friend of mine has asked me to sell him my carbon z15 set up "tomorrow " Sunday. I told him to come by and get it . We will see if deal materializes I could care less if it sells he made the offer it wasn't for sell . Anyway you can get a Omp carbon z15 riser for like $310 -delivery tax included.

Just keeping thread going . We know how this bow fever goes . If I sell my carbon z 15 tomorrow I will probably throw that money and then some into having me another longbow made or maybe I will look into a Timberhawk Ilf riser [ the shortest one they make ] who knows ? Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not saying it's the best really fine choices on here . I'm a one piece longbow guy but have a OMP CARBON Z15 riser [15"] of course. Currently have Samick R3's on it . I like a shorter riser in ILF . I just hunt and shoot " out back " . I might be odd man out but I'm not a metal guy . One can get a OMP carbon z15 riser on the cheap . It's the same as the larger/longer White Feather Lark. Funny thing a good friend of mine has asked me to sell him my carbon z15 set up "tomorrow " Sunday. I told him to come by and get it . We will see if deal materializes I could care less if it sells he made the offer it wasn't for sell . Anyway you can get a Omp carbon z15 riser for like $310 -delivery tax included.

Just keeping thread going . We know how this bow fever goes . If I sell my carbon z 15 tomorrow I will probably throw that money and then some into having me another longbow made or maybe I will look into a Timberhawk Ilf riser [ the shortest one they make ] who knows ? Lol
How do you like the Carbon-Z? I was considering it when looking at pairing longbow limbs. I know AA in the UK has the Lark for $167 + $28 shipping and Amazon has the Z for $285 right now. I've been watching them for a while and they seem to be coming down in price.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you like the Carbon-Z? I was considering it when looking at pairing longbow limbs. I know AA in the UK has the Lark for $167 + $28 shipping and Amazon has the Z for $285 right now. I've been watching them for a while and they seem to be coming down in price.
I 'am no expert. However I really like it . It's truly a heap of bang for the buck . Pretty , solid , perfect weight etc . Not being arrogant but money was not an option when I bought it . It's the same riser but in 15" as the White feather Lark and also some outfit named South or Southern something sells them and they call it something else . The only negative thing I have to say about it is it's made in "C" .
The Carbon Z15 is more accurate than I 'am . Tomorrow I might have my set up sold as a package for a small profit , and I been thinking all day about what longbow etc to order next . I just might turn around and order another one . I bought mine off "A" BTW.

Imo a good set of longbow limbs to pair it with without breaking the bank are the DAS $200 longbow limbs from 3RVRS , @ 64" LIMBS 'you need a 59" string .

You know what else is good about this riser and others mentioned here at lower prices . If you destroy it fighting off a Grizz in an attack you didn't destroy an $800 closet or safe queen riser.

Also I can say this being part Indian , one can have a $2000 TRAD set up but that don't guarantee one can shoot . BTW another outfit has this riser for $124 more on the web .

Those of you's that posted pic's of your metal riser Riggs, they look fantastic. !

·
Registered
11 Posts
As mentioned in above post . Sold yesterday/Sunday, OMP Carbon Z15 riser/ Samick r3 recurve limbs 62" 45# lif/ string/ GT arrows/ Bear Paw glove and Selway stringer to a guy just starting out in trad bow . Didn't even have it for sale ' he asked and made offer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well bought my first ever metal riser . WF19 from CD archery . Just started playing with it out back with some new Samick R3 shorts I had . First impression , riser is a beast . I got the OD green. Great finish , mine came flawless . I really find the WF 19 very steady and accurate. Remember I 'am no expert just a hunter and back yard 'tinkerer' . This is coming from a traditional trad guy , I wish I would have bought the WF 19 years ago. Just my 2cents.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts