Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It never fails - night before a shoot I have to fletch arrows for the kids.

FYI if any of you are looking for carbons for little kids the super club arrows kick but. Strip the vanes and put on feathers and you have a nice little arrow that actually tunes for a 15lb longbow.

· Registered
6,899 Posts
Jessie shoots the 20/30 full length, then once they find a rock I shoot them at 28".

I would pay a few more $/doz if only they were a bit straighter. I've tossed around buying some Ultra Fast shafts directly from Carbon Impact but haven't bothered so far.

With a few wraps of teflon you can use g-nocks in them too.

-Grant

· Civil but Disobedient
10,897 Posts
I do the same for my wife and my son's girl friend, for the one shoot they do a year. For some reason I have trouble getting the vanes to stick to their aluminum shafts. I will have to make another run at it this November when the tournament comes up again. Archery is not like golf. I used to lose a lot of golf balls, but would find many more. Unlike arrows, when you are accustomed to losing balls, you do not have a problem using balls you find. All golf balls splash the same. The wrong arrow can blow up in your face.

· Barefaced tightropewalker
8,517 Posts
Waking up and seeing the thread title on a Sunday morning, I thought the question had a more spiritual bent.

Seeing as its' been ignored I'll ask the relevant question:

Do good arrows when their work is done go to an 'arrow heaven'?
If so, what do they do there all day?

The real biggie, does anything happen after three days?

· Registered
881 Posts
To the Land of the Lost Socks.

One of life's greatest enigmas . . .

Regards,

Salskov

· Barefaced tightropewalker
8,517 Posts

· Premium Member
12,449 Posts
They don't go anywhere. They multiple. I have trash cans full of two's and three's. Who is going to throw away two or three $20 arrows?

Arrow manufactures seem to run an arrow for a few years then move on.

I bought a life time supply of redline 520s for hunting arrow then dropped my draw weight 10#. It is an arrow conspiracy!!!

· Spearhead
4,150 Posts
I feel your pain

Wait till you find them 3 years later, feathers eroded, nock brittle, refletch and new point and nock (for some reason the don't fly as well?) but they make great bunny busters tho

Increase of draw leingth and my 500 spine footed axis arrows was to short and to weak, total 7 dozen axis arrows. Gave them to a local younger archer.
Still have 1/2 doz light speeds that are to short and footed others are uncut.
Luckily the short x busters my fiancé and son can shoot.
I don't even want to look in the closet.

Then there is arrows that I have shot in elk camp for those archers that have passed, arrows that I never plan or hope to recover.

Don't even get me going on socks lol

Chad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.