Trad Talk Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
A 1967 Bear Kodiak Hunter, [email protected] Beman ICS Bowhunter 500, 50g. insert and Zwickey Delta w/ 75g. adapter. 495 grains.
My bow is almost the same as yours. Mine is a 1968 Bear Kodiak Hunter but it is #45 @28. Gonna get new arrows not sure what yet, might go old school and get some cedar arrows. I shoot around 500 grain arrows and 100 grain slick trick 4 blade fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well seeing that I recently purchased the exact 50# Striker Classic from none other than “burntmuch” I’m up in the air between that and my 60# Damon Howatt Hunter. I will probably get some meat in the freezer with the Hunter and then take the new Striker Classic out about midway thru the season after I get a little better with it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hope you’re liking that striker. I ve come full circle. Back to my 46 lb predator recurve. Just couldn’t get used to the long bow grip. I’ve been shooting it so much . Shot my compound today, felt totally awkward & uncomfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Right now hunting with a Sprague, reverse handle w/ backset. Steve Turay offering. Forgewoods I just picked up from Ray Lyon will be in my quiver.

·
Registered
252 Posts
And I recently got a Prana from Hurst bows. A really good hunting bow.
I broke in it last week end in a tough mountain hunt with a muflon sheep.
I asked Coltin the Bowyer to make the grip close to same specs than the Big foot
and i feel very comfortable. Those animals are really elusive. I shot it past 25 yards on a walking target in thick place.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm using a Black Bear Warf riser (done by Bob Gordon) that I purchased on this site a few weeks back with some long Hoyt 45lb. limbs from a Satori. Put some meat on the ground with it yesterday morning using Gold tip Blem 340, 100 grain fact weights, and 125 gr. Magnus 4-blade Stingers.

I won an advantage camo Kwikee quiver on eBay over the weekend to match the old riser so looking forward to adding that to my setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Blackbear Warf by Sam Dunham. Fifty pound black max limbs, 400 spine full length Easton Axis arrows with 125 grain Magnus two blade broad heads.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My two hunting bows, a [email protected] Berry duo shooter backset prototype and a duo shooter [email protected]@26 Sunsethill. The choice being as to which arrows I want to use. I may walk in a left hander, but then find the perfect sitting situation to be a right hander, if possible a couple of close practice shots and i am good to go. Both of these bows, for me, have a killing shot ratio that I cannot argue with. Go with what works and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I got to play with an old Shakespeare, it appeared to have wider than normal limbs, probably 2" or more. I knew someone that could put it to good use as a blind hunting bow. The grip felt a bit edgy in my hand, an easy fix, but it shot nice. I thought a hundred bucks would buy it, nope.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
BB Warf that I put together with Bob Gordon's help using SLR's Warf plates, DAS limbs, [email protected] I use a quiver I pulled off of a PSE Nova that I received after a friend died. I only mount the quiver on the bow when I am walking out, on the way in, I carry the quiver with a shoulder strap. 2013 Easton Camo hunter XX75 with 100 grain Montec G5 heads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For me it's a 45# @ 30" Quinn stallion, 2018's with 150gr 3 blade heads,either Snuffers,Woodsmans or MA-3s. total arrow weight around 600gr. Backup bow is a '66 Bear Kodiak pulling 42# @ 30", 2016's with the same heads. weight around 550gr.

·
Registered
628 Posts
DAS Gen1 riser, Border Hex 6 S longs, Shorty Plunger, Champion II rest, limb savers, S-Coil stab, 5mm FMJ 340 arrows, Big Jim 4 arrow strap on quiver and 150 gr Magnus stingers. 547 grain arrow and 47# @ my draw.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just put my Ex1 Evo 2s on my 17" Satori riser. High 30s but spits out a Centershot 500 and a Magnus Stinger Buzzcut with authority. Not locked in on an opening day rig quite yet but that one has me thinking. I also have a Morrison 15" wood riser with Dryad RCTX longs in the low 40s that also performs exceptionally.

Choices, choices, choices. Gotta love it.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts