Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of a new arrow quiver to use for 3D shoots, and Hunting. I know I have seen some pretty fancy custom made leather quivers. (I'm sure expensive as well) What kind of quiver do you use for 3D shoots that are also your hunting quivers ....or not? Back Quiver? Side Quiver? Bow Quiver? Pocket Quiver? Pictures Please?
Thanks,
Jack

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I like a field quiver because it does not get hung up in the woods. I use a bow quiver to carry my arrows into the woods for hunting until I get on stand and then I hang in on a limb. Also, I put a shoulder strap on my bow quiver so I can carry it over my shoulder if needed.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nightspot is the best quiver I've ever used bar none!!!!

However for 3-D I'm using a stool for a lot of shoots and still a side quiver built by Art Vincent with Cedar Ridge Leathers.

Dewayne

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
For 3D, depending on the terrain and amount of brush, I'll either use this hip quiver made by Steven Catts, or my back quiver made by my friend Bud Blaylock.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
LOL! I took everything but a lunch pail to my first shoot....chair, spar this and that...had a decent sized backpack full! Now I keep it simple with a designated 3D belt. I made a small leather side quiver with a pocket for tools and a score card and added clips for binos and bow. On a hot day I may add a small pouch for water but I can pretty much be prepared for a shoot with that one belt.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
I have an easton hip quiver, might be the field model? Holds my arrows and has a small pocket or two. The downside, noisy as heck to walk with arrows in it. I have a stool with a bag and will be attaching some arrow tubes and leaving the quiver at home. I'll probably use it for indoor and fita shoots.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
For me it depends what day it is. For hunting with a recurve it is a bow quiver. I use my back quiver with my longbow for hunting.
For 3d, field shooting I use a side quiver like the one above but I make my own to suit me. I also use a pocket quiver now that temps are 100+ here in Az. I have a pouch for a quart canteen I carry also. When it is hot I travel lite as possible. I made my pocket quiver with a pouch for a few nocks, points and a few first aid items.
These days I doubt I will hunt anywhere I need more than a fanny pack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.