Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i was helping clean out my grandfathers house the other day and i stumbled across two boxes of arrows. One set has a gold shaft with white fletching and a blue cock feather and the other set has black shafts with grey striped feather fletching and a red cock feather.

The black set has no markings of maker whatsoever that i can tell.

the white has the words "Micro-Flite 8" on the sides. i searched for the hits but they came up as being manufactured by Bear or Browning, yet they were housed in a Browning box. the sets are Complete 6 field tips of each type and 6 broad heads of each note that the broad heads are all Bear Razorheads (i cannot remember what the ACTUAL name is but i think thats it)

i put each through my bow and the black ones were terrible, but i shot 11 bulls eyes with the whites 5 with the field tip and 6 with the broad heads.

Are they bears? or are they two different brands? are they worth anything?

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Microflite arrows are fiberglass tubing. They were available in sizes 1 through 12 and were originally a single company, the name I cannot remember. Bear Archery bought the company in the late 1960s or very early 1970s and the quality of the shafts immediately went downhill. I do remember that they were very durable but much heavier than aluminum for the same spine.

Are the black arrows aluminum? If so, they may be X7 alloy. There was a period when the Easton label was very faint, if that is what they are.

If they are indeed black X7s, they and the Microflite arrows are not of the same time period.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
come to think about it, i think fleetwood made the micro-flights.
There was a fleet wood box too but none of the arrows said fleet wood and my death in google only turned up "Bear Archery" they were stored in two boxes, field tips in the fleet wood box and broad heads in the Browning box, which looked as if it was almost unused

"WAIT! Looks dangerous...you first" - Young Dr Frankenstein

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I remember the Micro Flites were the arrow for Bowhunters back in 72 when I got serious about bow hunting. I do remember Bear buying the name and machines. Last I heard Bear sold the machines to a company making tent poles.
There is nothing wrong with using those arrows just remember the inserts and nock adapters can not be had anymore.

·
Registered
985 Posts
There was a dark green/ black fiber glass shaft named Dura-Flite competing with Micro-Flite.
Actually a better shaft, same numbering system.
Could be they didn't shoot well because they are a different size / spine.
There were no anodized shafts back then, if you wanted to hunt with aluminum you painted them.
Those grey and red striped fletchings are natural barred turkey. About a buck a feather now if you can find any. Only way I know to get them is to shoot your own turkey.
Do a little research into what those Bear broad heads are before you leave them buried in stumps. Depending on the condition, ferrule & bleeder blade type etc they can be worth a lot to collectors. Saw a guy give $110 for one "bubble head" a couple years ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There was a dark green/ black fiber glass shaft named Dura-Flite competing with Micro-Flite.

Actually a better shaft, same numbering system.

Could be they didn't shoot well because they are a different size / spine.

There were no anodized shafts back then, if you wanted to hunt with aluminum you painted them.

Those grey and red striped fletchings are natural barred turkey. About a buck a feather now if you can find any. Only way I know to get them is to shoot your own turkey.

Do a little research into what those Bear broad heads are before you leave them buried in stumps. Depending on the condition, ferrule & bleeder blade type etc they can be worth a lot to collectors. Saw a guy give $110 for one "bubble head" a couple years ago.
I have a full set of twelve RazorHead Bear broad heads brand new in the package, never opened.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remember the Micro Flites were the arrow for Bowhunters back in 72 when I got serious about bow hunting. I do remember Bear buying the name and machines. Last I heard Bear sold the machines to a company making tent poles.

There is nothing wrong with using those arrows just remember the inserts and nock adapters can not be had anymore.
What do you think my odds would be of finding another set of these? Because they shoot better than my brand new gold tip arrows do by far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
These arrows are far better than any others I've tried, or atleast they work best for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The glass arrows that Gordon made were a Brown color & they came out after the Micro-Flights did. I think the black arrows were made by Fleet Wood when they were in Superior,Wi before Outers Labs bought them.

If any one is looking for Bear Razor heads I have 12 new ones & about 53 of the bleeder blades, PM me if you are interested in them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
The old days of fiberglass arrows. My first bow was a Bear Kodiak Hunter and I shot the fiberglass arrows sold by Kinsey's Archery. His were listed as a "K" and then a number to designate spine. In 1974 we didn't know what "spine" meant. It was enough that they flew straight off of the bow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts