Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what everyone uses when shooting for score in indoor 300 rounds? What weight bow length, bow weight, arrow type, point weight, and arrow total weight. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I shoot the same bow I use for 3D, a 70" Spig BB pulling 44# and shooting Victory VAP 600s with 62-grain tips. The arrows weigh 242 grains. If I was serious about indoor paper I'd shoot 23 series shafts. Those skinny VAPs cost me 3-4 point per round on average.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
SF Forged + riser, 36# Sky medium xccb limbs drawn 29.75", xx75 2314 full length with 150gr tips, 3 under, high nock and still not on the 5 ring.

·
Registered
820 Posts
30#@27 Samick Universal + Greenhorn Sirius riser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
finger shooter
3,326 Posts
Best zenit bb riser, SF elite plus long limbs, 47#'s on my fingers, 2712's with 300 gr tips full length.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Ren, I tried 27's today on my backup bow. By the 3rd end I had 2 hard kickouts. I give up on those fatties.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,516 Posts
I am shooting indoor targets for the first time in two years. I am finally getting my Bernardini Nilo with Border HEX6 limbs working for stringwalking. I got some good results this past Wednesday during out league shoot. I think I have taken the bow, originally setup for 90 meters, and turned it into a good shorter distance bow.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Best Zenit BB with 13oz weight up front. Borders Hex6 Ws 31.5# to my 27.50" draw. 1915s with 75gr up front.

Alan

·
finger shooter
3,326 Posts
I have shot the 5 spot in practice a few times, although I didn't get any zero's I sure shot more 4's than ever. Never could get a comfortable feel with the 5 spot. Now with my FS bow that's all I shoot.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Matt, I definitely don't have the stones to shoot a 5 spot at a national tournament. I want those three points if I shoot one out there:)
Jon, its close to the same.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Is that the riser you want to sell me 😉

This one is staying since I sold the other one Jon. :) I heard from Xander that Greenhorn might be coming out with a new barebow riser this year. If that happens, I might just sell it to ya :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts