Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean? I see it used a lot here and I had to ask. People reference warfed riser and such. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Compound riser modified to use recurve limbs with the ILF or DAS connection.

-Grant

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
What does it mean? I see it used a lot here and I had to ask. People reference warfed riser and such. Thanks.
A Warf is a riser, often times from an old compound bow, that is modified to take ILF limbs. The Warf was invented by Bob Gordon and, apparently, named after his dog. There is a version called a Quarf which uses Quinn limbs. There are also modifications for bolt down recurve limbs. Several years ago a Warf was about the only option for a short riser. ILF originated as a limb bolting standard for Olympic style bows.

Reactions: Tom M

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
Looks like Grant and I were answering at the same time. I am surprised since Tradtalk folks tend to go to bed early.

·
Premium Member
4,891 Posts
"What is warf"
if you use the "search" button you can find a lot of answers to basic questions like this. ;)
Also at the top of the page is a topical reference file of key information from previous threads that is almost an encyclopedia of Traditional Archery information.
Some of this has been posted so often its probably on ASK.com and Wikipaedia by now

·
赛
614 Posts
His name is Sam Dunham, and he's been posting here for a looong time . . .

:D

Regards,

Salskov

·
Back Yard Hack
746 Posts
All of the above, except it is not limited to just ILF & DAS limb connections.
Many have been done for standard bolt down take down limbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts