Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I get ramped back up for 3D season I'm really struck with what a great time we live in for archery. I live in the boonies no coaching - no indoor ranges for that matter. Yet this morning I had a friend in the middle east ask me a question about my hook - fifteen minutes later I had taken pics and he could view them. How cool is that?

I've been working with my daughter and if I have questions - I can take a vid and get feed back just about real time from the best coaches in the country.

You want to talk limb development John, Mike, Sid, and Bob are there to talk about it.

The best thing is I can give Dewayne grief about his parasol 365 days a year not just the 3 days we shoot together in July.

Life is good

Matt

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Matt, I enjoy you giving me greif about my parasol!!! Id probably enjoy it more if I knew what my parasol was!!!

Are you trying to spell powersaw??? Like chainsaw??? I don't know....anyhow this weekend I was in Louisville with 13,000 NASP archers helping score and line judge and YES it is a very exciting time to be involved in the greatest sport of all....Archery.

Dewayne Martin

Reactions: Matt_Potter

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt, I enjoy you giving me greif about my parasol!!! Id probably enjoy it more if I knew what my parasol was!!!

Are you trying to spell powersaw??? Like chainsaw??? I don't know....anyhow this weekend I was in Louisville with 13,000 NASP archers helping score and line judge and YES it is a very exciting time to be involved in the greatest sport of all....Archery.

Dewayne Martin

Just so you know LOL

Also thought you'd like to know I have an e-mail into NASP to set up a program in our local high school based off your feed back from that event.

Matt

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think that we are entering a golden age for certain types of archery but at the same time seeing the sunset years of others.
Without a doubt the 50s, 60s and 70s were the peak of Field archery in the US and Canada, but the expertise and knowledge was based in local pockets which you might not have had access to living anywhere but local. Unfortunately interest waned and ranges were lost before the current resurgence, I doubt that particular sport will ever recover in an NFAA type format within North America. I also believe that 3D really killed archery for a number of years in North America, without a doubt it caused an overall reduction in shooting ability within the Trad/Barebow world.

Specifically speaking of Barebow it seems like archer's interest are becoming much more diverse (WA Field, 3D, Target, Indoor) then they were just 10 years ago (3D). I think that this diversification has come about due to the internet and the ability to learn from others without having the be in their physical presence. If I had never seen what was truely possible with single string equipment (if we've even reached that point) I would have been totally satisfied with what I now perceive as mediocrity. I just got tuning help from a multi-time world champion for an aiming technique I didn't even know existed 4 years ago.

Records which have stood for decades are falling and the pool of shooters who can win on any given day just continues to grow. It is a great time to be a Barebow archer in my mind.

-Grant

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Matt, I guess I live a little further back than I thought....never heard an umbrella called a parasol!!! But that's OK...bring your quarters to Inidana...I'm needing a new parasol...LOL

Dewayne

Reactions: Matt_Potter

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Matt, I guess I live a little further back than I thought....never heard an umbrella called a parasol!!! But that's OK...bring your quarters to Inidana...I'm needing a new parasol...LOL

Dewayne
Like a umbrella just a little more lacy and feminine.

:)

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Grant, true. For several years I thought I was the last string walking hunter left. :)

Matt, at 70 years old I am very secure in my personal and sexual identity, if a red lace parasol would make me shoot like Dewayne, I'd buy two

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grant, true. For several years I thought I was the last string walking hunter left. :)

Matt, at 70 years old I am very secure in my personal and sexual identity, if a red lace parasol would make me shoot like Dewayne, I'd buy two
I've got two and a set of boots like Demmer - I figured I'd cover my bases.

---------------------------------------------------

Team Montana - we are coming for your quarters ;-)

·
Registered
639 Posts
if a red lace parasol would make me shoot like Dewayne, I'd buy two
. . . a seriously pink workshirt has been stupid lucky for me for the last forty odd years. I don't ask why; no need to put a jinx on a good thing.

:eek:

Regards,

Salskov

Reactions: rusty craine

·
Registered
6,444 Posts

I'd wear the dress to match if it would make me shoot like Dewayne!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts