Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Victim of Geography
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a look at other forums lately and have to say the moderators and members on here are extremely tolerant of newcomers posts and indeed seasoned opinions.

Some of the places I have seen I would be terrified to ask questions as a newcomer as I have seen some pretty harsh responses and pages of rules.

I realize the blokes who run these places can choose how to run them but be grateful we have people on here who are very accommodating no matter what your question or view is.

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
It is a tolerant place, but then most are respectful of others. For some reason, the class of individual posting here is most always taking the higher ground… a most admirable trait! We do have our occasional tiff, but it is generally worked out and in the rare occurrence one looses sight of decorum, he's reminded where it is by others in a gentlemanly way.

TT is a good place to discuss archery intelligently, and has been from the getgo.

Tom

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yes sir, I hung out on the other forums for many years, until they got too disrespectful for me. In today's society, most of the social forums have been infiltrated by a form of cyber bully. Not so here.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Well said. I have looked at other archery forums. In some forums posting is a blood sport. Others are so closely monitored and moderated that everyone is afraid to express an opinion.

Here, you can learn lots of great stuff, express an opinion without fear of reprisals and ask a question without being chastised.

Everyone here is tolerant of shooting styles, equipment variations and shooting opportunities. Yu can even talk about sights without being flambéed and fricasseed.

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Well here is the deal. If you shoot many matches local or national you get put in your place pretty quickly. You take your $2000 bow n arrow out and some yahoo beats you 30 points with a longbow it makes you a little more tolerant. Since most of the folks on here do compete or have in the past we know well the capabilities of most of the rigs in the right hands.

I am a little less tolerant when it comes to hunting. There is a very controlled hunt across the border in Oklahoma. They keep very good records. The records show that recovery rate of trad shooters is not what you would want it to be. If you are going to shoot at a game animal figure out how to hit it in the proper spot or quit. Even then a lot of things happen between the release and the hit. You will not recover 100% if you hunt very much. You still need to work as hard as you can to do your part.

If it is a target, you will figure it out soon or spend all your time looking for arrows. You will go broke buying arrows or no one will shot with you. Either way you will figure it out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I do not post a whole lot here but this is far and above my favorite forum to come to. Knowledgeable people, respectful, funny and giving.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Maybe most people on here understand where this falls in our lives. I see (or remember, meaning this is what you take away) as many posts from proud dads giving their kids a first bow as I do a technical question on arrow spine. We are enjoying shooting arrows and understand this. There are plenty of other sh*& items in life to argue about, and this ain't one of them to the point that people are ostracized from the group because of a differing viewpoints.

Steve

·
Registered
712 Posts
Well here is the deal. If you shoot many matches local or national you get put in your place pretty quickly. You take your $2000 bow n arrow out and some yahoo beats you 30 points with a longbow it makes you a little more tolerant. Since most of the folks on here do compete or have in the past we know well the capabilities of most of the rigs in the right hands.
Rusty, I guess I don't have to be tolerant at all since I have never been beaten by 30 points. So everyone shut the #%@!!! up - you are all wrong! Yup, I have never lost by 30 points....by 50 points, by 90 points, by 110 points, but not by 30! :p

Alan

Reactions: J-archer

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Most of us here have gotten a great deal of help and consider it a pleasure to 'pay it forward.' Everybody starts somewhere.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,514 Posts
Hey, I'm confused with all this tolerance talk. Isn't this the Traditional Forum on ArcheryTalk? Did I select the wrong bookmark again?

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Rusty, I guess I don't have to be tolerant at all since I have never been beaten by 30 points. So everyone shut the #%@!!! up - you are all wrong! Yup, I have never lost by 30 points....by 50 points, by 90 points, by 110 points, but not by 30! :p

Alan
LoL Alan, few years ago i shoot IFAA nationals with Skip Traford. he best me at least 100 points. so did his 8 year old son. I came in second. there was no thrid place :)

So you ask who is Rusty. i am the guy who got second place in the North American Chsmpionship. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts