Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
John Conaway
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for Papabull for giving us a place to talk about passing along our love of Archery!

Our kids are the future and we need to get them interested in archery!
Thanks to people like Pinelander Larry Wilhite and SandSquid many have that chance that would not without them.

We can exchange ideas plans and equipment. Talk about teaching techniques and equipment needs.

Donations are always needed and greatly appreciated.

So guys and gals whats on your mind?

John

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
I concur with John.

This forum is one of the best for information and making great life long friendships.

Thanks Guys,

Erich

·
Registered
32 Posts
This forum sounds like a good idea, I have been certified as a NASP instructor for 3 years. We hold about 5 classes a year ( 4 two hr classes) with about 18 kids at a time at our club. I am amazed at some of pure natural shooters we get, About 2 or 3 per class. Many of them are girls. I just instructed 4 groups of women last saturday. and was pleased with the enthusiasm shown. I think the interest is out there , but it may need to be awakened and given the opportunity to be introduced.
We use the Genesis bows and arrows and they are fine for the versitility. I sometimes see shooters who seem to have very good form but the arrows are flying somewhat sideways, I guess this is the price of versitility between the bows and arrows. I am not shure much can be done for that other than a vast array of different bows and arrows.....losttracker

·
John Conaway
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lostracker,
Exactly. It is our hope that we can talk about things like that. But with money as a concern you might have to give up some arrow flight for the sake of durability. I think the mathews arrows are 2018. A little stiff for a 20# short draw bow.
John

·
Old guy
2,574 Posts
It has been an honor to be a member of Brevard Archers for about 15 years. The work we do for 4H, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and county parks and recreation has been a inspiration for all that have participated.

A side result has been that no longer is the county parks and recreation looking to get rid of our range but actually look at the club as a asset.

Giving back has rewards that is often overlooked by many clubs. Try it you might be surprised by what happens.
http://www.brevardarchers.com/home.html

·
Got Shemagh?
496 Posts
John, et. al,
thanks for starting this section.

As a newly formed and already TOO successful group, I have many lessons learned to share, and growing pains bumps bruises and scrapes that could use some topical ointments.

It is the experiences of our lives, good and bad, that make us who we are today.
And the adventures of today that shape who we will be tomorrow!

·
Got Shemagh?
496 Posts
But with money as a concern you might have to give up some arrow flight for the sake of durability. I think the mathews arrows are 2018. A little stiff for a 20# short draw bow.
Even if you are not a NASP program, as long as you are 501c3/N.P.O./School/Church/Etc. you can purchase from them.

Easton-Truflite 1820 Aluminum Arrows are $153 per 5 dozen.

see: http://www.nasparchery.com/activea....ID&cboApplicationID=321&cboFileCategoryID=972

Here is the order form in excel format and in PDF format

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
It's good to see a forum dedicated to what so many folks on this site already do so well.

·
John Conaway
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike,
With all the fussing and fighting going on in the world and with the shrinking numbers of kids getting involved in archery sure is great to see a place for some GREAT PEOPLE doing GREAT THINGS.
We have some very generous people around here just needed a place to get matched up with a need.
John

·
Registered
189 Posts
I just noticed this forum................what a great place!

I've sure had ALOT of people help me out and made some GREAT friends along the way..............this is what it's all about!

I'm VERY proud to be a member here.

Thank you all !!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
'Bout time to get this back to the top isn't it? I've got a bunch of archery hodgepodge that I'll never use, might help someone out. Some of it is compound related, some traditional, and some crossover....
Fletching and a Arizona fletching jig, rests, releases, etc....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.