Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
John Conaway
1,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been nearly a year since I woke and signed on to trad talk to the sad news that Del Roberts had passed away. Warped Arrow was a friend, one I had never met. One I was looking forward to shooting some arrows with and sharing a campfire.
I have a couple of his wing bone turkey calls gifted to me by Bill Nordby treasures from two friends. But I mostly remember how he had the true spirit of archery. His excitment was the same as mine when it comes to the magical flight of the arrow. Something all of us here share I am sure.
Del I will shoot an arrow next week for both of us to WATCH! You are missed my friend.
John

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Thanks for reminding us, and I will join you in launching a few in his memory as well

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
Thanks for this reminder, I will launch a few arrows tomorrow morning and think of DEL. We exchanged trades and gifts, but more than that DEL and I traded archery THOUGHTS back & forth. I miss his cheery emails & latest arrow thoughts.

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
Sarge, you'd be right, DEL was contagious, his love for THE LORD and his family and arrows drew people to him.
I had time today so I set up several different risers with several different sets of limbs, and just had a ball......one of DEL's favorite things was just tinkering.
Remembering how much DEL liked wood arrows, that is all I shot today.
I had about 3 hours of the best enjoyment I have had in a while.
L-R in picture
1-Poor Man's DAS, SAM-warfed, Proline cut to 19", DAS plates attached, rigged for DAS grip, and Dryad Legend ACS CG 44# long longbow limbs
2-DAS gen II Master with medium 44# WW XQ-1 and Morrison bubinga grip
3-Sky Hunter Supreme 45# 64"
4-Pearson Equalizer warfed by BowbenderMike, 17", Sky Jack 38# longs
5-DAS bronze Dalaa with tennis grip wrap, and WW CC Carbons 34# longs, skinned by Bob Morrison
Missing you, DEL.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I miss Del. I'll be packing the arrow he asked me to hunt with until it kills a deer. Cane with turkey fletch and flint...

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
By the way, the yellow cat in the picture is alive.
Really.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had shared more than a few PMs on another forum with Del and he was always helpful and shared my warped "Monty Python" sense of humor.
He made some real sweet turkey bone calls. Some of the best I've seen.
Most of all he was passionate about traditional archery like no one else.
I remember a picture of him in his gitch with bow in hand hunting wabbits in his yard.
RIP Del. We miss ya brother.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.