Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cause what archer doesn't?...and I'd like to start this out by extending a HUGE THANKS to member JParanee...(and brace yourself Joe because I'm going to be gut level honest right up in the front end here)...as you see folks?...I think it was just a few months back that Joe was exalting the benefits of a certain line of "Nutritional Products" aimed at outdoorsman like sports enthusiasts such as ourselves here...and me being the great American skeptic?...and even though I've always considered Joe a wonderful online friend and resource here?...I wrote it off as yet more snake oil being sold on the net...secretly wished him luck (to myself) and moved on...now FF to the end of last week...

Where Joe being the observant great friend he is noticed where I've stated several times that I'm a 55 year old diabetic who's not in the greatest of shape...he also took notice that I mentioned my penchant for the consumption of "Sugar Free RockStar" energy drinks as I'm still not certain why they do this?...(and none of the other energy drinks such as Monster, Amp, Red Bull etc....do)...but consuming a SF Rockstar can knock 80-100 points off my blood sugar within an hour of consuming it and man does it wake me up! LOL!...and I drink one every morning to wash down my gluberide sugar pill right after breakfast...and on some afternoons?...if I'm growing droopy-eye'd at my (2) CNC 3D Milling Machines?...I'll consume either a 2nd one or?....run up the street to starbucks for a large blond roast w/ a shot of expresso....everyday...but alas these habits aren't without side effects such as Caffeine/Taurine jitters not to mention that despite the aspertain sweetener?...the SF Rockstars taste like carbonated brake fluid! LOL!

But it gets better...as the wife has been extremely pre-occupied with the new grand daughter and is rarely home except to sleep and the normal food shopping and everyday home cooked meals have stopped...matter fact?...grocery shopping was her side of the bills bargain and while she still does?..it winds up at my daughters house which leaves me with an empty fridge and mostly fast food as an alternative....not good...and in mentioning this to Joe in a PM?...the next thing I know?...he PM's me back telling me of the horrors of my evil ways and that he's sending me several sample packs of JBN (Just Be Natural) nutritional products "Priority Mail" (along with a Borders Stringer for my Herters)...well....the package arrived in 2 days Monday evening and?..I was still skeptical! :lol:

but here's what happened....

Yesterday?...I ate my 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast (normal/everday event)...but instead of a Rockstar?...I mixed up 1/2 a pack of the Body Fuel Elite with 12 ounces of spring water...(Joe warned me not to take the whole pack at first until I see how my body handles it claiming it's what gator-aid and energy drinks wish they could be)...and washed my morning sugar pill down with it....and that 1/2 pack?....was everything a rockstar was without the bad taste and jitters...moreover?...it seemed that while I was extremely awake and focused?...it also seemed I was...hmmm...how do I put this?...more relaxed and mentally organized and I liked it!....a lot!....better!....and here's the cool part...what about my sugar levels?....post breakfast/pre-lunch sugar was 125...and that was after an evening of eating a bunch of stuff I'm not supposed to have at my middle daughters 21st Birthday Dinner the evening before...where I was expecting to see anywhere from 160-180 blood sugar...Great! 125! :)

But now it was lunchtime...where I normally hit Burger King for $7.33 worth of a Whopper w/ Cheese and Large Fry...but instead?...I just gabbed a Qt. of Milk and mixed a packet of the JBN French Vanilla Protein Plus in about 12 ounces of whole milk....and that was my lunch...which BTW tasted exactly like a vanilla shake! :lol:

And I was hesitant about doing the above cause I figured it might send me home without my 2 hours of overtime due to hunger but guess what?.....it's SHOCKING how hungry YOU AIN'T when your body just got flooded with nutrients, vitamins and minerals...and I was fine until I got home for dinner which was two small links of andouille sausage I cooked up for myself and that was it for the evening.

Now get this...today?...was a repeat of yesterday...EXCEPT....I didn't take my sugar pill this morning....for two reasons...

1. I just wanted to see and?...

2. Speaking of "SEEING"?...."My Eye-Sight" is often times an strong indicator to me of how well (or not) my sugar levels are doing...and this morning?...I felt like I could see like an eagle...as I looked around the shop floor at machine labels that were usually blurry to me?...were clear as a bell...as the clarity and acuity of my eyesight seemed nearly surreal. :)

and while I didn't take my sugar pill?...I did take glucometer readings 3 times today...and my blood sugar readings were...128, 138 and 125...with no pill.

Thanks to Joe Paranee and this stuff...

and about 1:00pm today?...I called John Wert at LAS and spent $82 for priority shipping of the big tubs of both French Vanilla Protein Plus & Orange Flavored Body Fuel Elite...which means my energy drinks and lunches are taken care of for a month...far more economical AND waaaaaay Healthier! :)

anyways...figured I'd share that here and Thanks Again Joe! L8R, Bill.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Nice Jinks, but no whopper with cheese? Next time your wanting to treat yourself, order a double whopper with cheese, "heavy everything". You will have sauce dripping down your chin, and a smile that won't go away. Well, back when I ate them, that's how I did it. Yum yum!!!!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey folks...I've already had several PM's me asking for more info regarding "where and how to get this stuff" so here's the info you need....

The Name of the (2) Products I Ordered is...

JBN PROTEIN PLUS: The "French Vanilla Flavor" tastes like a vanilla shake when mixed with ice cold milk and IS a meal with more nutritional value than any restaurant could offer in one meal.

and for "A Pick Me Up" energy drink replacement?...

JBN BODY FUEL ELITE: it comes in two flavors...."Cherry Lime-aid" or "Orange"...I like the orange as it tastes sort of like "Tang" and if I burp after my "Vanilla Shake" lunch?...it reminds me of a "Creamcicle" :lol:

These Products are available through L.A.S. (Lancaster Archery Supply) and here's the link...

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic

and for your convenience?...here's their number....

(800) 829-7408

and if you just dial "6" after making the call?...that will take you to their Trad Dept. and just ask for John Wert and he'll get you hooked up. ;)

Thanks for the interest and L8R, Bill. :)

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Jinks, but no whopper with cheese? Next time your wanting to treat yourself, order a double whopper with cheese, "heavy everything". You will have sauce dripping down your chin, and a smile that won't go away. Well, back when I ate them, that's how I did it. Yum yum!!!!
Man?....40 years ago I was 15 back when a whopper was A WHOPPER! :lol:

Now?...it eats and tastes like a beef flavored garden salad on a roll! :lol:

That 1/4lb of burger used to come out a lot thicker back when they left the red stuff in! :lol:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Hey jinx, have you seen the movie limitless? Sounds like Joe dosed ya lol. Really though. That is awesome that it is working so well for you. I may need to try it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
After watching a 37 year old military member have a heart attack at work while sitting at a computer I quit the energy drink habit (and be double thankful I'm not a smoker).

To be honest I'm amazed that you could eat and drink like that on a daily basis. That much caffeine, gluten and processed food would have me feeling like I was trying to aim with my bow in a paint shaker.

Finding better ways to eat is definitely a challenge and stimulants like caffeine can have a major impact on archery performance for me at least.

-Grant

Reactions: Jinkster

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks! and again...HUGE THANKS too Joe Paranee for being a caring friend who went out of his way (and pocket) to get my health, eating and drinking habits squared away here...btw...along with feeling (and seeing) much better?...I suspect this may even melt away a few extra unwanted pounds over time so for the record?...I weighed myself on the shops shipping scale....and apparently?...despite the gross lack of beef?...those whoppers have been taking their toll...a month ago I weighed 200 even with my work boots on...yesterday?...209#s...in sneakers....I'm 5' 6 1/2" but still recall a day I actually was 5' 8"s :lol:

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
I've actually heard really good things about this line and Joe is a stand up guy for sure. We used to rely heavily on the old Weider supplements years ago but sports science has come a long way since then.
Energy drinks are like most things, ok in moderation or mixed with vodka but they seem addictive to some that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,989 Posts
Bill I copied this reply from the one that I posted on AT

Thanks again

Bill your the best and I can't tell you how happy I am that you are feeling good from the samples

I don't pitch anything that's snake oil ...... Bows or supplements :)

I am just a Guinea pig and I am far from a nutritionalist. A very dear friend owns this company and it is his passion. He opened it 33 + years ago and cuts no corners

When I was looking for help with nutrition in the field, something portable and palatable especially on extended back pack trips he was kind enough to help me fuel my dreams so to say :)

I found I could push harder and longer and when its all on the line ......well it's all on the line :)

When your on the go it real helps to be able to pack something that will let you feel your best and we all no how we feel after we break down and by a bag of grease and bad calories

The whey is from Wisconsin and everything is blended in house here in the Lehigh Valley so there is no chance of cross contamination. This is why we have a lot of drug tested athletes including archery stars Reo Wilde and Jake Kaminski endorsing the products.

The body Fuel Elite is a Pre Workout Drink that is chalk full of vitamins. It really works with none of the negative side effects of energy drinks

Like I mentioned earlier I am not a nutritionalist but maybe because the products help balance your PH this is what is helping with your levels

They make a full line of supplements from multi vitamins to joint support and I really feel that they have helped me achieve my goals

I was just subjected to a ton of lab work while doing more life insurance and to my surprise my test results came back so well that on a rating from 1 to 14 , one being the highest rating I scored a 2

I knew I was healthy but not that healthy :)

My blood work was perfect I scored the same at 45 as I did at 35

You have to be in peak shape and like 25 to score a 1

I take no medication

When I sit up on the ridge behind my house in a tree stand and I look down the valley past the stream that I grew up trapping on and the corn fields the deer I'm hunting hold up in I can see the building that the supplements are made in. It's less than a mile from my house

Bill I am thrilled that you are pleased and I can only Imagine how much better you will feel after some time away from the bad stuff :)

I only wish I would of sent some sooner :)

Do you like Oat meal cookies ?

Our number one flavor is oatmeal cookie

I will send you some

I mix it in my oatmeal to make it taste better also

On a side note

I can not mention any names as of yet but a giant in the fitness industry is about to launch a product line that we will be developing

Sometimes a mans passion for no compromise can pay off

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Jinks
.. very interesting .... it seems you've found a balance that seems to be working for you.

I was very interested in your comment regarding the changes you've noticed in the quality of your eye sight. If you carry on with this diet regime, I'd apprecate it if you could report back every once in a while and comment on any changes you've noticed in your Retinopathy (eye sight) over a longer period of time.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jinks
.. very interesting .... it seems you've found a balance that seems to be working for you.

I was very interested in your comment regarding the changes you've noticed in the quality of your eye sight. If you carry on with this diet regime, I'd apprecate it if you could report back every once in a while and comment on any changes you've noticed in your Retinopathy (eye sight) over a longer period of time.
Phil....I will most definitely be carrying on this diet as I'm only on day 3 here and feeling and seeing great....the biggest part for me is "Feeling Good"...you know...I can remember younger days a couple decades back where I had quite smoking for about 5 years and was lifting weights and jogging 3-5 miles everyday and had myself on a strict diet..no red meats...just fish and turkey with fruits and vegetables as snacks....to give you an idea?...I typically weighed in at 158#s-162#s...could run 3 miles in just under 18 minutes....and could bench press 350lb cleanly one time...I was a psychotic holy terror romancing the thought that I could self-train myself into making big money in the cage matches back then...some in palm beach, florida paid as much as $100K for a win...but took about 5 rounds of elimination fights to get there and my vision back then?...was what it was in the USMC...20/20 in the left and 20/15 in the right...I was 27-32 years old back then when I gave up my "Fight/Money" dream and got married...My Gym membership got placed on a 6 month suspension from the resident physician for neuritis and tendonitis...my body fat levels were ridiculously low...my body couldn't float and I would sink like a rock in salt water....meanwhile?...my lactic acid levels were eating away at my tendons and nerves as there was no body fat left for it to eat...got depressed....started smoking....got married and had 3 children...game over...But I can remember back then that the rare times I did sit down to a family style cooked meal?...I could actually feel it fuel my body....like immediately after eating...thanksgiving?...while everyone else was ready for an after dinner snooze?...I was wired and looking to go jog some miles to run it off! :lol:

Well?...I haven't felt that in many years now....but I'm feeling it again since in-taking all these nutrients that apparently my body has been missing out on for quite some time now...unfortunately?....now I'm a 55 year old balding diabetic with 6 teeth! :lol:

But yes....the eyes...today at work?...I noticed I was rarely reaching for my 1.75 readers....and smiled when I realized that and yes....I will keep you updated via PM's if necessary.

Now...I wonder if the UFC has a "Seniors Division"? :lol:

L8R, Bill. :)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Cheers Jinks
... if it's working for you and your blood Glucose levels are under control .... go for it.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOOHOOO! I'm in for a healthy weekend!...Shouldn't of guzzled down a full scoop of the body fuel 30 minutes before doing my "First Shot" deal today though as it was also about 4 hours past lunchtime and sent my Blood Sugar into the freaking basement! :lol:

which is a good thing though if timed right...but it just got here so my timing was a bit off! :lol:

Thanks Joe Paranee & John Wert at LAS! :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Protein doesn't spike your blood sugar and inhibits hunger, fast digesting carbs such as that whopper bun and fries does the exact opposite. Myself I use protein and oats for in between meals and a boost . I stay clear of fruit at all costs also due to the sugar and the way it sparks blood sugar and in turn hunger.
I also don't eat anything with Wheat flour , my energy levels depend on eating right and exercise .

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Protein doesn't spike your blood sugar and inhibits hunger, fast digesting carbs such as that whopper bun and fries does the exact opposite. Myself I use protein and oats for in between meals and a boost . I stay clear of fruit at all costs also due to the sugar and the way it sparks blood sugar and in turn hunger.
I also don't eat anything with Wheat flour , my energy levels depend on eating right and exercise .
I guess I'm just not getting your point here...I have four barometers I'm going by here...

1. How Good I Feel.

2. How Much Energy I Have.

3. How Clear My Vision Is.

and last but not least?...

4. My Glucometer Blood Sugar Readings (of which I take several a day)

and I thank God for bringing Joe Paranee into my life based on how much better I feel and see....how much more energy I seem to have and all while keeping my diabetic blood sugar readings well within range after I began a regimen of consuming the above mentioned products.

I feel alive...a 55 year old diabetic who now feels 35 again....how do you put a price on that?

L8R, Bill. :)

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Joe
You may have read my comment I made to Bill regarding the changes he's observed in his eye sight. Have you had any other users report or comment the same effects?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.