Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Hoyt Satori a little over 2 weeks ago. They said 2-3 weeks. That’s a long time for someone as antsy as me! Anyway, I’ll be fine haha. Does anyone know if that sounds about right or will I be waiting 2-3 months??? I saw a thread from about a year ago and some people were saying 10-12 weeks. Maybe because of the pandemic? Just curious what you guys have been experiencing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ordered Striker longbow Classic 62" /50lb
They said 90/120 day wait period .
Bow had to be made .
Arrived with in 90 days . Beautiful excellent condition a real " shooter" everything been perfect so far . Came with string and wooly balls and premium sock . $774 delivery included . I don`t have a dog in there race just sharing my last experience. Not saying this bow better than any other etc .
Rite now I have an issue with some Nika N3 limbs I ordered on another thread, awaiting a response from Nika .

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a Hoyt Satori a little over 2 weeks ago. They said 2-3 weeks. That’s a long time for someone as antsy as me! Anyway, I’ll be fine haha. Does anyone know if that sounds about right or will I be waiting 2-3 months??? I saw a thread from about a year ago and some people were saying 10-12 weeks. Maybe because of the pandemic? Just curious what you guys have been experiencing.
If you get antsy after two to three weeks you better never order a custom, made to order bow. You'll be ready for a mental institution after that wait.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I am still waiting on a Border from February. The UK shuts down businesses quickly if there is an employee that tests positive for COVID

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch! That’s rough. I’ll put up with the wait I just don’t want to be overly eager. Thanks!
Not quite the same, but i have a mate that ordered a blackwidow bow in February and was told not to expect its arrival till September.
I am still waiting on a Border from February. The UK shuts down businesses quickly if there is an employee that tests positive for COVID
Strange times!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heck Half the bows I want have a 2 year wait list. I personally wouldnt wait for a metal riser, especially a satori. Id just buy a used one for half price or a clone.
Definitely thought about it. These days I really try to support American business but who really knows where it’s actually made. We have great local archery store here (Hi Tech Archery) who has generously shared hours of information with me. I’m glad to give my money to them. Hopefully they’ll be around for another 30+ years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordered Striker longbow Classic 62" /50lb
They said 90/120 day wait period .
Bow had to be made .
Arrived with in 90 days . Beautiful excellent condition a real " shooter" everything been perfect so far . Came with string and wooly balls and premium sock . $774 delivery included . I don`t have a dog in there race just sharing my last experience. Not saying this bow better than any other etc .
Rite now I have an issue with some Nika N3 limbs I ordered on another thread, awaiting a response from Nika .
Glad you got it and love it!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I ordered mine from 3 Rivers and received it in a couple days. That was months back but they show a decent stock currently.

·
Civil but Disobedient
10,766 Posts
First, you can ignore all the comments regarding custom bows. They are a different business model.

The closest I can say is that I had to wait about three weeks for my Best Moon many years ago. In addition, I had to change colors to something that was built or wait for a new production run to get the color I wanted.

A Satori is a production bow, but archery is not a huge market. Traditional archery, less so.

I even had to wait a few weeks to get the laptop I am typing on. And it took months when I needed a replacement docking station.

The nice thing about having Hi-Tech nearby is that you might find something in inventory. They actually understand recurve archery. Scott was a top US Olympic style archer for many years.

Reactions: DDD

·
Premium Member
2,527 Posts
I see all kinds of Satori's on ebay. You could have had one in 2 to 3 days. 🙂

Reactions: LetMeShoot and DDD

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First, you can ignore all the comments regarding custom bows. They are a different business model.

The closest I can say is that I had to wait about three weeks for my Best Moon many years ago. In addition, I had to change colors to something that was built or wait for a new production run to get the color I wanted.

A Satori is a production bow, but archery is not a huge market. Traditional archery, less so.

I even had to wait a few weeks to get the laptop I am typing on. And it took months when I needed a replacement docking station.

The nice thing about having Hi-Tech nearby is that you might find something in inventory. They actually understand recurve archery. Scott was a top US Olympic style archer for many years.
Thanks, I’m definitely okay with it taking a little longer than maybe expected. Joe is a busy guy and he was very patient with all of my questions. I’ll be patient too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts