Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all,

I've been lurking about for a couple years on here but I'm an infrequent poster.

I read with interest Rasyad's description of this bow, and his stripping it down a bit to make it fit the FITa ring.

I will upload a photo when I get home, for those of you in the know my question is this:

Putting a 12 inch stab on this, could I shoot NFAA 3-D and field in the recurve division, or do I need to stick to bare bow?

Thanks bunches, and a preemptive apology if I'm mixing up anything. Still learning to navigate the miasma of rules and organizations and divisions.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Hello
Following [ Later
if you want email updates of a thread, you can use the dropdown list and ask for email notifications without having to "Follow" the threads your intrested in.
its under "thread tools" "subscribe to this thread" to which it will ask for the type of email updates you wish to recieve.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
I think the NFAA would likely require you to remove the damper weights if you were going to shoot it in the Trad class with the short stab.

Definitely a very different riser. I just picked one up but I haven't had a chance to really give it a good try and honestly I think I might sell it to just concentrate on my Moon.

-Grant

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Hey Mickey,

First off the Apecs is an unbelievably stable riser. My old post pretty much covers what one has to do to make it barebow legal. NFAA allows one 12" stabilizer. I think Grant is correct that you would have to remove the TFC. That said, I think adding a 12" stabilizer to the Apecs would raise eyebrows as the central stabilizer hole is already forward of the pivot point by a few inches. Personally I found the balance of the riser just fine with no additional weight. I don't think anyone would could argue if you used something like 8" stabilizer out front. Everyone likes a different barebow feel. I really like lower weight and think that would be the way to go with this riser as well. (lower stabilizer hole)

Good luck.

Rasyad

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
NFAA traditional allows for a 12” stabilizer in the trad class. Because of the way the rules are written a working TFC + a stabilizer would likely be illegal but a TF APECS with the TFS removed should be OK. The bridge with the stabilizer is fine. I shot the Xpert which will not fit in a FITA ring barebow with a 12” stabilizer at the NFAA indoor nationals with no issue.

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
if you want email updates of a thread, you can use the dropdown list and ask for email notifications without having to "Follow" the threads your intrested in.
its under "thread tools" "subscribe to this thread" to which it will ask for the type of email updates you wish to recieve.

Hope this helps
===============

Hello
Thanks Sidrick.
Though you had to have a post. Will give it a try.
And may I say that's a very nice rise,r that caught my eye for looks and design.[ Later

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts

Hope this helps
==============

Hello Sedrick
I took your suggestion.
Under tools.
It ask if I would I like to email this thread. And that's me sending a email link of this thread to a friend.

My question now is. Have you tried tools. Or did you assume it was there.

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
AFAIK, 'subscribing' to a thread means you get email notification of any new posts.

·
Premium Member
All
1,045 Posts
AFAIK, 'subscribing' to a thread means you get email notification of any new posts.
================
Hello
I'm very aware of that.
If I make a post to a thread subject and be for I make a submit reply. I go to advance and click instant email notification . Then I will receive a email notification. Each time some one makes a post on that thread I have subscribed to.

Now he is saying if I under stand what he said right. I need not make a post. But open tools and the drop down.I did that . I find nothing there to let me sucribe to a thread.
I can send the link from this thread to a friend.That's it.

=================

Sid Quote = if you want email updates of a thread, you can use the dropdown list and ask for email notifications without having to "Follow" the threads your intrested in.

Hope this helps

Greysides try it for your self. Then draw your conclusion here.. I would be most interested in your finding and your feed back here on this subject at hand. Thanks [ Later

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Mr Bond, do as Sid says, subscribe to the desired thread using the thread tools. Choose not to get email notification.

Then when you return to the site after leaving, go to User CP on the options bar under the thread pathway details, on the top left.
On that page you will see the threads that you've subscribed to that have received new posts since you were last on the site ('New Subscribed Threads').

On the left hand column, further down you will see 'List Subscriptions', click on that and you'll go to a page where all threads you've subscribed or replied in will be listed.

Thanks [ Later

Reactions: Rasyad
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.