Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I have a set of vintage Easton X7 2014 29" arrows with Nibb points and wanted to pull these out to add rps inserts to be able to mess with dynamic spine. The come up at 75lbs on the dynamic calculator with the 65grn nibb points

These are really cool old Ben Pearson themed arrows, and I'd like to shoot them with my Pearson recurves. I cannot find rps inserts for 2014 shafts, just the newer 2013s.

Anybody manage to get this done? Thanks!

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive design

Wood Textile Material property Steel casing pipe Rectangle

·
Registered
592 Posts
If they are nibbs, you can just add solder to them to add weight. If they are the smaller bullet points you cannot. I cut a couple rolls of solder into 10 grain lengths for tuning nibbs. Once I know what weight I need, just count how many pieces to added and heat up. If you get near the top, hot rosin will overflow. Dont do this on your nice kitchen countertop if your wife is home.

The list I checked shows 2013-2015 using the same insert.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip! I'll likely need to get these to 145gr to hit my mark. May just have to sell them to someone with a heavier draw bow and move on. If I can get RPS inserts in there then it will be much easier.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I am using 2012 X7 from my 50# recurve. I added .22 cal pellets to the Nibbs to get the total arrow weight I wanted. I seal them in with hot glue. Doing the same thing for my 1914 X7 and 1913 AO arrows I use from my Bear TD and 43# limbs. I have filled those Nibbs with pieces of brass screws, lead, whatever I have handy even wood dowels. Wish the carbon shaft people would make Nibbs for carbon shafts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You can take the 2013 RPS inserts and screw a point into it and then spin it in a drill press (High speed). Take a fine file and lightly file insert. Only need to remove .002 thousandths. I done this with 1813 inserts to fit 1814 X7's. Checked after filing and inserts were within 1 grain of each other.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great advice thank you all. After messing with the 3rivers dynamic spine calc, it seems I'd have to add way too much point weight to make these work. Bummer because they are really nice arrows. I'm stuck at about 35-40# draw and I'd need to add 165gr point weight to barely get a match at 40# with a cut past center recurve. Going up for sale pretty soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts