Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this 66"/25# (but scales 30.5#s @ 28"s) 1965 collector grade Bear Polar about a month ago....ordered two new custom B50 Flemish strings from Linda Brackenbury but had no shafts suitable for this bow and just got an order of Victory VAP V6 .800 spine shafts in from LAS along with a dozen 120gr points and a 50ct bag of 3" Barred LW Feathers....

The points were a little pricey at about $2ea. ($24 a dozen) but anything of precision machined SS usually is but for that price?...I was actually quite pleased (if not impressed} with the fit and finish...and I am an aerospace machinist.....

These shafts are far more consistent and straighter than any of the super clubs I ever received and for starters?...I just left them their full length of 31"s (nock center to end of carbon) and cellophaned the 120gr points into three of'em for bare shaft testing.....

Then I slapped'em on the bow, and Bam!...the F-nocks fit my .115 dia. center-serving great with just the slightest flare and it's amazing how well a CF nano-shaft lines up on an old wood bow! :)

and these suckers fly like they don't need to be fletched! LOL!

How happy do you think I am right now? LOL!

Thanks for reading, looking and watching and L8R, Bill.

·
Registered
677 Posts
How happy do you think I am right now? LOL!
Happier than a camel on hump day?:sbrug:

:cheers:

Ain`t it nice when a plan comes together Bill?:shooting:

Reactions: Jinkster

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome jinks, looking good.
Thanks Kenn...I was sure pretty tickled about it...There's only a few other rigs I've ever owned that tuned in as well and it took me many sessions to get them there...anyways...it's becoming apparent to me that I need to back off of this forum for awhile....thanks for all your help and L8R, Bill. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
That bow is a beauty. My buddy has one very similiar to yours that he wants to sell me. I am just a bit nervous about drawing an old bow like that to 33" =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts