Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

From here you can see a big difference between the riser shape ESP in the grip area.

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Here you see where I think a lot of people say they are alike, the harmonic dampeners.
Two different risers all together.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Two great looking risers....I can vouch for the Sky being a great shooting riser...I'm sure the Bull is too just haven't shot one...yet.

Dewayne

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Thanks for the pics, looking forward to hearing how they shoot. My opinion on looks, the Vanquish wins hands down. I've held a prototype TR7 and it looks/feels all sharp edges and squared off. Maybe its barebones function, but looks play a part in marketing for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Chad,

Thanks for the images. Just to clarify, by "base of the limb pad" you mean the contact point between the limb and the riser where the limb rocks on the the ILF fitting. Yes?

Rasyad

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if the limb lateral adjustment are visible in the pictures, the sky uses an aluminum dovetail block like Morrison and spigarelli

The vanquish is completely different almost like a blend of bernadini and pse xappeal and adjusts from the limb butt notch and not the dove tail.

Now for me and shooting both bows, this is personal just like grips so how a bow reacts on my release may differ from some shooting say 3under, I shoot split.

The vanquish on the shot is a slight jump forward completely vertical no tip back or forward.
This is completely bare riser only the Mathews weight in the riser.
The 4oz bstinger weight is how I prefer to shoot it and groups better for me.

The TR7 on the shot for me it tips back slightly with the 5/8# bare bow weight.
I made screw in weights that add on to the lower weight on each side.
Oddly enough I shoot the sky better without extra weight, only the 5/8# weight added.

I have yet to shoot scores for both that's going to take more time down the road.
To date the sky has shot better for me by 1 point to 11 points between my ionx and my later spig bb. That said I matched it the other day with the vanquish on my league makeup score, on the second day of shooting it.

Steve has been working on his grip in the vanquish trying different hand and finger position (correct me if I'm wrong Steve). For me it only took half a score to get my hand position that I like and completely satisfied with

I will say this if you grip your riser on the release of the arrow you will have a hard time with this riser.

I really look forward to getting to know the vanquish more

Chad

More to follow

·
Registered
712 Posts
Thanks for the info Chad.

Alan

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rasyad, Yes the base of the limb pocket I think that is what your asking, not in the dovetail slot?
If more pictures are needed let me know.

Dewane, yes they are both great shooting risers.

Yes I'm lucky to have a very understanding fiancé and she also supports my addiction as long as it doesn't get in her time lol.

Chad

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
My grip issues are more about a damaged tendon in my ring finger than the grip design, I just had to find a hand position that kept my hand relaxed during the shot.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts as both these risers were on my short list and it's good to hear both are excellent choices.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Great review thanks. As the Vanquish was designed to be an Oly riser, does it compare well to out and out BB riser when shot nudo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here is something Steve pointed out to me before I received my vanquish.
The tiller bolts move to accommodate the limb tiller/preload, or to sit flush on the limb, not on the edge of the limb butt at minimum limb adjustment.
The limb will be flush with the limb from maximum to minimum limb preload

[/URL][/IMG]

This is weight taken off and shows a gap (for picture purposes)

[/URL][/IMG]

This shows tiller/preload bolt moved back to show the movement.
Very nice feature, and out of many bows I've owned none of them did this.

Chad

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Jon, the only weight I had in it (was) the Mathews weight that comes with their newer risers (edit just to clarify the Mathews weight does not come with the riser. that you can get from a Mathews dealer) the way I put it it could be miss construed as the weight comes with the riser. It doesn't.
It shot with a slight thump forward, did not tip forward or back on the shot, perfectly vertical for me.
You are correct on the oly riser statement, they are designed as an Olympic style riser. for me this is more barebow riser than any barebow specific riser I've owned hands down, this includes spig bb, 650 club, bernadini nilo 23", 23" zenit, not a barebow but ionx with a pound of weight tied to the riser.

To answer your question it shoots barebow necked extremely well.
I could swear it was designed as a barebow.

Chad

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now for weight I do not have a scale that is accurate in the nats butt range, I do at work, my boss will have some serious issues if I take my bows to work to weigh them.
But roughly

Sky, with 5/8# weight set up for shooting = 4.4#
Vanquish with 4oz b stinger and harmonic dampener, setup for shooting = 5.8#

Chad

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
I'm interested, as it's the more expensive of the 2, what steered you to the Vanquish over the Bull if you wanted a BB riser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Any chance you could compare the vertical position of the grip throats relative to the center of the riser?

I've got some theories about how to play with plunger height to reduce tension in the bow arm and the Vanquish would be great to use as a test bed.

-Grant

·
Spearhead
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jon
honestly I don't like the look of the black thunder. Without having any around for thousands of miles it's hard to try any riser, let alone a riser from Germany.
I had my tr7 on order when I seen the vanquish.
Both tr7 and vanquish was instant (had to have) eventually given the cost.
Yeah it's that simple

Grant
Will do, I think I know what your asking. Granted the vanquish is an inch longer than the tr7.
It's going to be a day or so, have to paint the range floor tomorrow, then class tomorrow night.

Chad

1 - 20 of 20 Posts