1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

;) I have something new
First Impressions/Screenshots of the Vanquish SX

It has the geometry of the Vanquish, without the adjustable plunger block and it is only 24" long for the short-arm-archers ;)

I have 3 different positions for the plunger-hole, that seems strange on the first look, but these are the best positions, that i figured out with the APB on the big vanquish.
Problem, a Spigarelli-Rest (or similar) must be fixed with the Plunger

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thats more like it....I like the grip being more traditional instead of sitting so far behind the riser...I don't quite understand the 3 holes for the button..

Looks nice

Dewayne

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the button-hole on top is nearly standard, straight over the pivot.
the lowest is the summer-position, as close as possible to the shelf (reducing faults) and over the normal, low pressure-point-positin on the grip.
the hole in front is in front of the pivot and the hight is between the first two, it is just for tuning, who likes this position

the problem of designing the vanquish was the APB, the "cut away" material over the gip have to find place in front of the grip, for enough thrength of the material so we had to do this.
without APB I can use a normal design-line

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
For short arm archers, say 26" DL, how will the 24" be better than a 23"?

To me, it's a nicer looking riser than the 26" version. Will the balance be similar?

Thanks.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very nice. I like this design better than the current Vanquish. Are you saying that a wrap around rest will not work with this riser.

Are you going to be producing these soon?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. I like this design better than the current Vanquish. Are you saying that a wrap around rest will not work with this riser.

Are you going to be producing these soon?
A wrap around rest will work, but not with a screw AND a plunger, only fixing with the plunger.
It works well on my ols Samick Progress II, fixing the rest just with the button.

@greysides
No, the point of gravity moves more to the archer. the material in front of the grip moves the point of gravitiy in front of the pivot.
Now it should be in line with the pivot or maybe a little bit towards the archer.
You cant't get one thing without the other

Why 24 ;) becouse of the philosophy of the vanquish (26, not 25) so the SX is 24 not 25 for short and normal draw-length.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
You guys sure have an eye for visualy appealing designs! Tell your brother to jazz up the cad rendering with some color and lighting. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys sure have an eye for visualy appealing designs! Tell your brother to jazz up the cad rendering with some color and lighting. :D
No ;) this time it is only me ;) my brother don't have the time and he doesn't like the design-drawing I made ;)
So i have to work on this for my own ;)

Colors later ;) I have to do some things now, the grey/white is nice for working

·
Barefaced tightropewalker
8,512 Posts
Kosmo, will it balance without weights any better than a conventional riser? As in, are you aiming this riser at sighted or barebow archers?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kosmo, will it balance without weights any better than a conventional riser? As in, are you aiming this riser at sighted or barebow archers?
I don't know, realy, I don't shoot barebow/stringwalking. I just shoot olympic, so I have my stabilizers.

Maybe it will shoot a little bit better, maybe not, i don't know, becouse I don't know, what is more important, the point of gravity, the position of the pivot, pressur-point, so we have to wait ;) but i think, I won't be bad worse than normal target-recurves

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't know, realy, I don't shoot barebow/stringwalking. I just shoot olympic, so I have my stabilizers.
Since you mentioned barebow and olympic in the same sentence I figure I'd use that as an excuse :) to ask you something I've been wondering about.

Barebow designs are constructed so added weights are internal-inline with the riser, while olympic bows are designed to be balanced with weight out front.

Olympic designers have been perfecting balance for a long time, and they could build weight into the riser if they wanted to, but choose to put it out front . . . I assume that's because they believe it is a superior design.

So, what I'm curious about is, if the olympic designers think a bow is best stabilized with weight in front, why wouldn't an olympic bow with weights screwed into the stabilizer holes (i.e., on the front of the riser) be the better design for barebow as well since, although not as far out front as olympic stabilizers, they are still weighting the front of the bow?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since you mentioned barebow and olympic in the same sentence I figure I'd use that as an excuse :) to ask you something I've been wondering about.

Barebow designs are constructed so added weights are internal-inline with the riser, while olympic bows are designed to be balanced with weight out front.

Olympic designers have been perfecting balance for a long time, and they could build weight into the riser if they wanted to, but choose to put it out front . . . I assume that's because they believe it is a superior design.

So, what I'm curious about is, if the olympic designers think a bow is best stabilized with weight in front, why wouldn't an olympic bow with weights screwed into the stabilizer holes (i.e., on the front of the riser) be the better design for barebow as well since, although not as far out front as olympic stabilizers, they are still weighting the front of the bow?
so, I hope i understand it correct ;)
The problem could be the 12,2 ring for FITA/WA barebow.
If you have a riser, like the Vanquish, the point of gravity is already in front of the pivot, you only need waight for adyust.
If the point of gravity is behind the pivot for example, you need more waight or a longer lever > 12,2 cm ring

·
Spearhead
3,566 Posts
Kosmo
I like this one also, quit making these things, hunting black thunder, now an vanquish SX. your killing me lol.
Just another opinion, you know how they smell :)
Plunger hole one over the pivot (standard)
one directly behind it (for securing rest)
one below the standard for ppl wanting to shoot the shelf.
That is me tho.

Now the question is the hunter black thunder going to have a APB or plunger in the riser?

I like what you are doing

Chad

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kosmo
I like this one also, quit making these things, hunting black thunder, now an vanquish SX. your killing me lol.
Just another opinion, you know how they smell :)
Plunger hole one over the pivot (standard)
one directly behind it (for securing rest)
one below the standard for ppl wanting to shoot the shelf.
That is me tho.

Now the question is the hunter black thunder going to have a APB or plunger in the riser?

I like what you are doing

Chad
Chad, I've nothing to do with the Black Thunder or the Black Hunter.
That's Holger and his milling-man ;)

The Vanquish and Vanquish SX are the babys of my brother and me, Holger bought the rights of the Vanquish, the SX has nothing to do with Stolid Bull at the moment ;) so I want to say things clear ;)

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.