Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, they arrived today. These are 44# @ 28" and are 68".

The curvature of the limb is pretty extreme, very much like the Borders. They recommend a 8.5" bh compared with a 9" with the Ux100s and a string length approximately 0.5" longer than with the Ux100s.

The finish is very nice.

Their site says that the noise should be minimal and the oscillations after the shot should stop very quickly. "When the bow is correctly set up, the noise is very short and dampened (a bit like a silent gun) . Limbs stop at once with very few oscillations."

I don't have a proper string for them so I will make one tonight and play tomorrow!

Alan

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Nice limbs. I hear that these are seriously good limbs. Can't wait for a report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Congradulations. Also looking forward to our report.

Rasyad

·
finger shooter
3,326 Posts
Not being a fan of the "super" recurves I am looking forward to your report. I am hoping someone makes a set of these limbs that are as forgiving as my SF Elite Plus are. I could care less about super turbo speed.... I am looking for tune ability and good grouping.

·
markliep
687 Posts
Only Uukhas I have shot were their lowly XO limbs & they were very nice for the price - am guessing that top of the line will be impressive - M

·
ryan brodrick
2,128 Posts
Not being a fan of the "super" recurves I am looking forward to your report. I am hoping someone makes a set of these limbs that are as forgiving as my SF Elite Plus are. I could care less about super turbo speed.... I am looking for tune ability and good grouping.
Hey maybe border cv limbs with bb1 upgrade. Those would be conventional geometry with the most advanced carbons you could get.
Or maybe mach 3 limbs by mk Korea.

I really loved my rcx100. Those wee the best conventional limb for me in terms of shot feel, speed and smoothness. Definitely smoother than my same weight masters and masters max limbs.

Back on track: awesome limbs, congrats. Can you get some close up pics of tips and other random angles as well as some strung and maybe even a side profile at full draw:)

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Hey maybe border cv limbs with bb1 upgrade. Those would be conventional geometry with the most advanced carbons you could get.

Or maybe mach 3 limbs by mk Korea.

I really loved my rcx100. Those wee the best conventional limb for me in terms of shot feel, speed and smoothness. Definitely smoother than my same weight masters and masters max limbs.

Back on track: awesome limbs, congrats. Can you get some close up pics of tips and other random angles as well as some strung and maybe even a side profile at full draw:)
I'm not thinking the CV1 will be high on Rens Christmas list 😀

·
Registered
820 Posts
I have not shot the Mk limbs so I can't comment on them, however, I have just received two pairs of CV-W/H limbs and I can tell you that these are the smoothest and possibly the fastest conventional limbs I have shot. :)

·
finger shooter
3,326 Posts
I'm not thinking the CV1 will be high on Rens Christmas list ��

Jon,
Not even close... LOL They could be the greatest limbs in the world, but I would not own them, something about the taste left in my mouth after my last dealing with a certain someone.. Back on track, I really liked my UX-100's they just weren't the cats meow.... :) Close but no cigar.

·
Registered
9,428 Posts
Lol, that's what I thought about them too Ren, good, but not quite as good as they should be. These ones I hear really are the mutts nuts though.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Wow, I've got a major case of envy going on right now.
I Like the graphics as well, and Kiwi deer can't read so I reckon they'd make fine hunting limbs for me.

Shoot em' in an tell us more.

John.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Can you get some close up pics of tips and other random angles as well as some strung and maybe even a side profile at full draw .Wicked looking please show& tell more.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I spent last night making a string for it only to have to redo it tonight >:-(

I will get more pictures and some thought out - probably this weekend or so.

Ren, the reason I decided to to try these is not so much their speed (I agree speed is not everything) but for the light weight and stability. Maybe I can get out and see Hank Thoreau and get him to do some tests!

Alan

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
Alan,

Are you coming out to Orestimba? If so do bring the new limbs. I think Hank could be convinced to bring his portable test setup.

Rasyad

·
finger shooter
3,326 Posts
Alan,
I am intrigued by the higher BH than the other big hook recurves, I am thinking that should make them quieter and more stable in the hand.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts