Trad Talk Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have been shooting the Ex1 limbs marked 38. Pulling 50 on my 21 inch riser at 31". I have been shooting them for a year and love them.

For guys that have shot the Ex1 and the Sx50 is it worth the upgrade?

Could i drop a couple of pounds and keep a similar tune, energy etc?

Im thinking probably not, but would be interested if anybody had a comparison between them.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
I briefly had some EX1’s, and I just tried out a set of SX50’s last night. Biggest thing I noticed when I got the EX1’s was that they were the smoothest limbs I had ever drawn. SX50’s are even smoother.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
I‘ve shot a couple different sets of EX1’s for over a year now, maybe 2 yrs. Best limb for the money, IMHO. I may be able to do a comparison to SX-50 soon. Will let you know. I think picking limbs is so subjective that there’s not much I could tell you that will apply to what works best for you Other than a head to head speed and sound comparison. There are guys who love that firm stacking feeling at their draw length. There’s others that want it as smooth as possible, like Border Hex 8 and 9 where the weight actually drops at one point. For me, I like something in the middle, a nice conventional DFC that smooths out just a little near my draw length. EX1’s and Border CV’s give me that. We‘ll see about the SX’s.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have evo and sx50. I purchased them to get a better feeling bow for myself, with a 31.5" draw, and primarily "target" use in a tradbow style- I got the XL length, only "stock" limbs in production with XL that you can simply order online and wait for. A nice side benefit seems to be that the limbs seem to settle down faster post shot than my evo. They may be a bit quieter as well. That is so hard to measure and really "know." Totally subjective. You may have to experiment a bit with brace and arrows. The increase in speed is a few FPS maybe. My extensive discussion at link below.

After shooting two sets of the new sx50 scurves for a few months now, I remain very pleased with them. Great value, easy to buy, solidly built.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts