7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some feed back, going to put them on a 13” phenoix Ilf

med limbs for a 56” maths say 35lb limbs to get low 40s

I’m on AT also new to this site I see more detailed info here

·
Trad is for stumpin
267 Posts
Uukha Gobi are rated # on a 19" riser. Dropping to 13" would typically add 6#, however with the limb angles on the 13" phoenix it will only be about 3# more.
You will likely see about 38#. Morrison website shows phoenix 13" + 9# for limbs rated on 25" riser, (minus 6# for the Gobis rated on 19") gives about 3# increase.

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
13 - yeh you are correct 56" for mediums. pounds? math gets funny depending on which limbs & all of that.
Morrisons USED to change limb pad angles on shorter risers so yeh I think your pounds might be right. or close. WHAT LIMBS?
Welcome to the forum, I sold you SOMETHING 3-4 years go, maybe a TITAN riser? KC?

·
Premium Member
13,550 Posts
duhhh sorry ADAM haha I now see your title Gobis. I dunno UUKHA any so listen to KP he knows the deal.

·
Trad is for stumpin
267 Posts
FYI, I am using some older DAS foam core LB limbs marked 45# @28 ( rated on 17" riser) on a 13" VPA riser with 2 turns out at 43# @28. The VPA 13" riser is very similar to the Phoenix 13" riser, both have 20 deg limb pad.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
10/4

anyone honestly say the Gobi improved there shooting vs a trad limb ????
Keb,

I don't know what you mean by "trad" limb, but Uukha says the newer S-Curve limbs name stands for smoothness, speed and stability.

I can't say they make me shoot any worse/better but I do know they have a feel through the draw cycle that appeals to me. Not harsh in the beginning, smooth drawing and a bit of softness (as opposed to stacking) on the back end and I don't think anyone could argue with their stability.

I find them a bit quieter, a bit quicker and a bit softer on the back end than their previous offerings.

Reactions: Heeney

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Keb, I would suggest that if you are looking for limbs, risers, arrows, etc to improve your shooting, you're probably looking in the wrong place. It's very unlikely that equipment is holding any of us back from shooting better.

When you refer to "trad" limbs, I presume you mean laminated limbs. The difference between shooting Uukha monolithic limbs versus laminated limbs has more to do with the way they feel as you draw them and when at anchor. Hard to describe unless you get to actually draw and shoot some and compare to other limbs. Performance-wise, you might gain a few FPS, but will that really "improve your shooting"? Whether these subtle differences are worthwhile will vary from shooter to shooter.

I would submit that if you are trying to improve your shooting, stick with the limbs you have and focus on self-improvement. No offense intended as I believe that to be sound advice for all of us.

·
Registered
871 Posts
10/4

anyone honestly say the Gobi improved there shooting vs a trad limb ????
yes, they’re better IMHO. Although we’re learning some of them aren’t completely straight. So buy them new so you can return them if they’re not.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I thought mine were not straight, turned out to be the riser I first tried them on. The are dead center on my new riser. They do help me shoot better because I can get the same arrow speed as my other laminated limbs but with lower poundage in the Uukhas. They also have zero stack, so they are much smoother on the back end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts