TradTalk Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
The .370 OD will extend from the bottom surface of limb to the end of the fitting~ .335 inch
A .370 OD cylinder tapped 1/4 -20 on inside and having a male M8 1.25 threaded stud machined on the other end. The DAS limb 1/4-20 screws would also have to be replaced with a shorter version, or additional washers placed with the existing rubber and nylon ones. The current thru limb design screws extend up into the limb area, which will no longer be possible. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
If I were to try to create a DAS adapter with only minimal power tools, I'd start with a 3/8" O.D. brass (or stainless steel) binding barrel that is tapped for 1/4-20 I.D. such as one of these:
https://www.mcmaster.com/screws/binding-barrels-and-screws/system-of-measurement~inch/barrel-diameter~3-8/material~stainless-steel/thread-size~1-4-20/barrel-length~1-9-16/material~brass/
They're available in lengths up to 3". Then, I'd use a M8x1.25 die to cut threads on the end and use a grinder or sander to remove the flanged end and adjust for proper length. Probably a fairly easy process for you guys with lathes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Would it be easier to get a 8mm bolt machine it down so it will go into the ILF fitting to make a thumb screw out of the bolt

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Limbs are a French product, metric threads on the ILF. Checked with metric thread gauge and tried a M8 1.25 bolt and it screwed in nicely.

·
Premium Member
11,894 Posts
I think you machinists & crafty types with good tools knowhow & careful dimensions use can do this & make it right.
It'll be interesting sitting on the sidelines & watching this play out, see if Uukha goes this way with the rest of their limbs' line fittings, see IF & how 3Rivers addresses a solution, and how well it works out for people, etc.

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Dave Holquist, great find! I will order a couple of the Brass and give them a try.

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Reply from 3 Rivers on Uukha S model to DAS converters.

Thanks for contacting us. I do not know if we will be offering an adapter for these models. When/If we receive these models we will see what all will be needed to get an adaptor to work.. Then we will see if it is worth bringing an adapter to market at that point.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Reply from 3 Rivers on Uukha S model to DAS converters.

Thanks for contacting us. I do not know if we will be offering an adapter for these models. When/If we receive these models we will see what all will be needed to get an adaptor to work.. Then we will see if it is worth bringing an adapter to market at that point.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

Have a great day!
Well, there's your opportunity KP. You can be 3R's Uukha/DAS adapter supplier. Jeff Bezos better not get to comfortable. :D

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Ordered needed parts from McMaster -Carr. Should be delivered tomorrow. Unfortunately my garage has no permanent heat source, just a small plug in electric heater. Weather here will be dropping to highs of 0 to 5 deg F and lows to -15 deg F. So may be a few more days before I can fabricate and test.

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
M8 stud from end to shoulder measures .319" on the factory ILF fitting.

·
Super curve shooter
121 Posts
Man you guys have some serious skills when it comes to fabricating. I am a builder/remodeler and I can honestly say that fabricating is next level compared to what the average guy like me can do. Some little stuff sure but actually making these parts is craziness. I wish there was someway I could contribute but you are working above my pay grade. If anybody does go through with making please please please consider making a few extra pairs to sell to the rest of us I will definitely pay very well for mine.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Looking at it will be weak where the 1/4-20 threads meet the m8 outside threads . Not a lot of material there . If the 1/4-20 could be about .250 deep at most it be stronger

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Go for .250 internal 1/4-20 threaded , I will be using shorter 1/2" long 1/4-20 thumb screws and .250 of engagement should be enough.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts