TradTalk Forums banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

we thank you first for your interest in our products.

No, it is not possible to replace the ilf dovetail with a DAS fitting or an old Hoyt style fitting, and we can not make the limbs with a standard ILF fiiting.

The ILF dove tail has six sides to be screwed with a spanner because it is a threaded insert.

Best regards

Cedric
Uukha
If the dovetail screws into a "threaded insert," why couldn't 3R offer a thumbscrew of the same size, length, and thread

Remove the ILF dovetail, screw in the DAS thumb screw.

It might actually be easier than swapping out bushings.

KPC

·
Bart Harmeling
3,346 Posts
If the dovetail screws into a "threaded insert," why couldn't 3R offer a thumbscrew of the same size, length, and thread

Remove the ILF dovetail, screw in the DAS thumb screw.

It might actually be easier than swapping out bushings.

KPC
Good thought. The thumb screw does need to thread through the slot. (holds the thumbscrew in the slot when a limb is not attached) So would depending on the size and type of thread in the Uukha unit.

·
Registered
66 Posts
LAS has a couple limbs in of varying poundage for the new S series. Of course they don't have the size/poundage sx+ I ordered yet. Called them yesterday and they don't have an expected due date either.

I imagine the fittings will unscrew from the limb, there has to be a way to service the detent.

I may have made this up, but I think I saw rumors of 3 rivers already working on a DAS solution that would screw in. I can't imagine this being difficult. Male thread on one side, Female on the other. Hardest part in the design is likely providing a method to tighten them down.

·
wannabe
2,130 Posts
DAS is a minor player in the archery world. Recognize that these limbs are from France. They may not even recognize DAS as a thing over there. I suspect not drilling is either a design, manufacturability, or cost saving issue. It may not be worth it to adopt a design requirement to cater to a small niche market.
Hank,

This is all besides the point here. From where I look at the archery world, DAS is by far the dominant limb attachment hardware.

I've also been accused of solipsism on several occasions. Also by my wife.

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
I may have made this up, but I think I saw rumors of 3 rivers already working on a DAS solution that would screw in. I can't imagine this being difficult. Male thread on one side, Female on the other. Hardest part in the design is likely providing a method to tighten them down.
Not surprised that 3 Rivers would try to come up with a solution, but I'm curious to see how warranties would work. Pure conjecture, but going by Uukha's response it doesn't seem like they would be interested in warranty requests for modified limbs. Not sure if 3 Rivers would want to offer anything that's not backed by the manufacturer. I'm wondering if they knew about Uukha's newest lineup considering they picked up their limbs late last year.

Guess you could always screw in the original dovetail before sending them back :)

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
My S limbs are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I will disassemble the fittings when they arrive and see what adapter options are feasible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone contacted 3R to see what they say? That seems like it would be the first step for those concerned.

KPC

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Mystery solved. Lower part threads into the carbon limb material directly. Looks like closest metric screw is a M8. ~8mm dia, thread pitch 1.25. I measured at 7.925mm and pitch was difficult got about 1.1mm eyeballing. Need to get a metric thread gauge tomorrow. Also could be a 5/16-24 it is extremely close in diameter and thread pitch. Very little carbon to retain spring about 0.042" by my measurement of limb butt thickness in the threaded hole area minus hole depth.

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
S limbs themselves look similar in curve as my Border CVX-H limbs. My SX50 are longs and my Borders are mediums so can't directly overlay to compare. I will string them up on a WF19 tomorrow and see how they shoot with the ILF still installed. Looks like a male to female adapter with M8 threads on Male part and OD of .370 on female portion threaded inside with 1/4-20. Length of female portion will extend down .275" to fit into DAS limb pad and allow for some rubber compression to prevent bottoming out.

·
Bart Harmeling
3,346 Posts
I like that idea. No need to change things so much that you can't replace the original fittings.

·
Super curve shooter
121 Posts
Mystery solved. Lower part threads into the carbon limb material directly. Looks like closest metric screw is a M8. ~8mm dia, thread pitch 1.25. I measured at 7.925mm and pitch was difficult got about 1.1mm eyeballing. Need to get a metric thread gauge tomorrow. Also could be a 5/16-24 it is extremely close in diameter and thread pitch. Very little carbon to retain spring about 0.042" by my measurement of limb butt thickness in the threaded hole area minus hole depth.
If you do make adapters would it be possible for me to pay you to make an extra set or two I would definitely be willing to pay you very well

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
I sent an info request to Three Rivers to see if they will be offering an DAS adapter for the new Uukha S curve limbs, waiting on reply. Looking at commercially available male metric thread to female inch thread adapter.
This would be 8m 1.25 male end with 1/4-20 female end, with needed diameter/length or slightly larger to be taken down a slight amount to fit needed dimensions.

·
Spearhead
3,282 Posts
Ken
With your new limbs, do you get side to side movement in the dovetail area with the uukha limbs.
I did with my ex1evo2 and my sky tr riser. So much so I didn’t use the two together again.

Chad

·
Trad is for stumpin
174 Posts
Chad, hardly any side to side with WF19, maybe a couple of thousands, The "Barrel" part of fitting limits any side to side in the dovetail, based on the specific slot clearances. The hex flange will insert properly in any orientation, does not have to have flats parallel with limb.The Tribute ILF plates I have show no detectable side to side motion, they are a snug fit. Have not yet tried the limbs them on Hoyt Arcos.
These limbs are narrow, like Morrison LB ILF limbs. Limb curves looking down are like Black Widow limbs profile. Stringing it with a BW cup type stringer is a pain with the small tips.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I was going to pull one of these and draw an adapter up as I’ve had couple customers asking about Same thing . But I havnt ordered any of the limbs yet . Don’t have any Das stuff in shop right now . Does the .370 OD go down in the Das pocket some ? I could machine some to test . If it works could send cad drawings for 3R to use if they havnt already done it.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts