TradTalk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been posting back and forth on AT in the Fida Joad section about the 6 sided detent hardware on the new style Uuka limbs.Never seen anything like it.Anyone got some of these new limbs yet?

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Curious...what do you mean by six-sided?

·
Spearhead
3,282 Posts
Jim, the dovetail base isn’t round like a standard dovetail, they have flat edges.
When I seen it I thought it’s not for me.
I’m thinking I’m not liking change as I get older.

Following.

Chad

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
after a guy buggers it up with wrench, it looks to eat the ILF riser slots.....just my opinion.
That's the business side of the fitting, meant to be slick & slide smoothly in & out of riser without chatter.
What does the other side of the fitting look like? Still got the cap?

·
Super curve shooter
121 Posts
No cap. that’s why I’m hesitating I’m getting them because I’m nervous about converting them to Das. I don’t know if it’s possible. I do need a set of limbs for my black wolf riser though, but I hate to spend good money and be stuck not being able to put them on my favorite go to most trusted riser.

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
NO HOLES ALL THE WAY THROUGH?
guessing drilling the holes out for DAS will surely queer the warranty.

·
Super curve shooter
121 Posts
Nope no holes all the way through. And I am sure you were right about killing the warranty. There was a thread on here a while back and it was discussed a little bit. I have seen pictures of some old sky limbs that were made the same way with no hole all the way through. Some people said they were able to convert those to Das. But like with everything else you won’t know for sure until you or someone else tries it out. I probably will eventually order a pair for my other riser but not sure I’ll attempt the conversion until it’s been done by others.

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
I've done it with old SKY & Morrison limbs - but they were not the monolithic build like these.....so not sure what drilling them out would be like.
AND I botched one SKY limb hole lip (rounded it) so the DAS fitting never sat down square....it caused string to lay off to one side a bit, appearing as if a limb twist.
ILF fittings (normal ones) still worked ok on it BECAUSE there's a CAP that screwed it back down tight & proper.
IF you drill ANY, be sure to get the holes' edges sharp & squared.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Currently they can not be converted to DAS. Three Rivers is currently working on a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts
ridiculous for anyone to make an ILF limb without holes going through.
3rd company I'm aware of now doing it.
Me not buying won't hurt their bottom line, I'm sure.

Reactions: rsarns

·
Registered
339 Posts
i bought some sx 50's love them . put them on a spig dms shoots great. i'm not skilled enough to be drilling anything

·
Premium Member
11,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bow there is another pic I didnt show.It is still round where it slides into the riser so I don't think LLA would be affected.

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
I don't know guys. It looks like a good idea to me. I've had some limbs (especially Uukha's) where the hole was so loose you had to grab the fittings with pliers to get the screws out.

·
Premium Member
2,414 Posts
This is from their website:
A new design has enabled us to reduce the maximum thickness and mass weight.
NOTE: Uukha Formula adapters cannot be used with S-Curve limbs.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts