Trad Talk Forums banner

USAA FITA Field Nationals and World Games Qualifier

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Demmer 
#1 ·
Okay, since no one has made any announcement here on this, here is a link to the USAA FITA Field Nationals

http://www.teamusa.org/usa-archery/tournament/national-tournaments/national-field

It will be shot at Darrington Washington on June 2-4th, 2017

It will be selecting the Recurve and Barebow US representatives to the World Games in Poland July 20-30 2017

So far 40 people have signed up, and of that 29 of them are Barebow. This is going to be a barebow fest. 72% of the archers are barebow!!! Crazy exciting

#6 ·
I am hoping to go but it will be a "game day" decision for me. I am rehabbing my shoulder. It is best that I do not shoot during the process. or shoot as little as possible, even with the light bow I am using for FITA field. If the rehab is going well and my shoulder is ready, I will sign up, but I may only get a weekend of shooting to prepare. If it were NFAA field I would not try since there are too many arrows to be shot and I have not had time to prepare and practice aiming methods for the longer shots. I will probably miss our state field which is the following weekend at my home club.

#8 ·
It will be my first real shoot in 18 months. Shoulder feels strong. Basically been blank baling and rebuilding strength for about 2 months now. Come May 1st I need to start to remember how that whole aiming thing works again.

Looking forward to it. I love shooting Darrington.

#9 ·
Yes, it should be a quite enjoyable shoot. A shoot where barebow will probably be the biggest of the three styles. Pretty cool. Every year the field gets stronger and stronger. Some faces will be missing, but the competition gets better and better. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and hopefully a couple new ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#10 ·
With registration coming to a close in two weeks, we are at the highest field of barebow shooters that I've seen. Looking forward to this trip that will be what I feel will be the strongest one this year in the US for barebow side.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#12 ·
IMO, if you are a Trad, recurve, BB or finger non-sighted shooter..you should come to this shoot. There is some talent showing up....schools in session and I'm gonna sit in the front row center. You will want to be paying attention.....LMAO. It's gonna be funnnnn.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.