Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ya shower and shave. Put on a starched shirt and tie. Now you are ready to shoot the up town riser.

I finally got the internal weight. It has the low grip. I am with Grant. High anchor low grip. Low anchor high grip. I put a few dabs of silicone around the large weight to make it did not rattle.

With 38# medium CXG limbs I can cover 7 - 80 yards with one anchor and a finger on the arrow.
Riser with 10" side rod and two end caps weighs 3#12oz (with internal weight)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Rusty, you sure have a LOT of bows my friend. :)

This one sure looks purdy…..:cheers:

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mitch, Gitnbetr used the riser to shoot indoors one season. Won state, set some records. I was not sure I'd get it back :). Being the gentleman he is he gave it back to me

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mitch, Gitnbetr used the riser to shoot indoors one season. Won state, set some records. I was not sure I'd get it back :). Being the gentleman he is he gave it back to me
Rusty, I only gave it back to you for safekeeping! :)

At your age I hope you remembered to put it in your will that I get it when you're gone. I only borrowed it for one state championship and didn't get to shoot it indoors until the warmup ends. It was good thing it was FITA because I had to aim at a point that was just to the right of the bottom target in order to hit the top target! It was a pleasure to shoot. Thank you, again.

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
"Pimp My Bow" ...........Man that's nice, and I'm a wood riser guy for the most part.

Ya shower and shave. Put on a starched shirt and tie. Now you are ready to shoot the up town riser.
Don't forget that hat!

·
Premium Member
12,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Harpman, i have been shooting the riser with out the riser weight. it made the riser a real tatal tell. if you were in line with a good release the riser was very quiet. just a little nudge on the sling. if you were out of line or poor release the riser was pretty reactive and you knew ya did it wrong. with the enternal weight it is now very pteditable and forgiving. With just a little weight forward on a short rod it is perfect sub 4# riser

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.