Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Recently did some test shooting and video at the studio of two time Emmy Award winning videographer, Alan Teitel. on Long Island , NY. The videos turned out and Alan posted them on his UltraSlo Youtube Site.
The first is a water balloon being hit with an arrow . The second is a rotation test.
They reveal some neat things about arrow flight.
I hope you enjoy them.
I used a Black Swan Hybrid recurve for the Trad shots.

Here is the Final video.
We shot through 16 inches of gel. Just a little bit of Murphy's law . The second shot through the gel was actually the first. I had shot the bow in at home for a 10 ft shot. and did not do a test shot at the studio. Well somehow even in the bowcase the sight adjustment slipped. and we go a really revealing shot of the broadhead hitting the wall of the tube and continuing on.

I have been explaining for years that the rotation the Turbonock generates continues for some distance when you hit an animal. We even checked animals that were shot and saw the damage. but you all know how These forums are. A good many people over the years just chose not to believe the claims .

Just look at the damage!!!
I want to thank Alan Teitel for his expertise in making what happens visible.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
Im confused, as usual. In your second link, there are (2) arrows that seemingly are the same, both fletched with feathers. One spins like crazy right off the string, the other takes awhile. Im familiar with the compound version of a turbo nock that replaces all fletchings, but what is happening in that second link?

·
Registered
996 Posts
The arrow spinning faster in the second link has a T4 turbonock. The nock has a slight twist in it that starts the arrow spinning clockwise immediately as it leaves the string.

I have been shooting these for about 2 months now. They definitely spin faster. I like them.

·
Registered
6,389 Posts
The arrow spinning faster in the second link has a T4 turbonock. The nock has a slight twist in it that starts the arrow spinning clockwise immediately as it leaves the string.

I have been shooting these for about 2 months now. They definitely spin faster. I like them.
Thanks a quick google search explained the T4, which I was not familiar with. What is the fps loss with those, and wonder what affect they have on tuning since in effect they would slightly yank on the tail of the arrow. Would be neet to try, if the price isn't rediculous.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Some say the T4 makes the arrow act stiffer, and need a weaker spine. I haven't noticed this.

I also have not noticed any significant loss of speed.

I like the added spin and for me I have noticed improved arrow flight and stability.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I've tried the T4 and really liked what they did for arrow flight. Unfortunately for me they contact my face at certain crawls so they aren't going to work for stringwalking. But I'm going to keep them for use on arrows I gap with.
I did notice a slight stiffening of BS and overall increase in BS stability.

-Grant

·
Registered
996 Posts
On Archery Talk, the discussion goes of the deep end mostly by a bunch of guys who want to discredit the product without having even used it.

To each, their own. But for $10 you can try them out, and see for yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.