Trad Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting since i was three 1951 back then it was called instinctive. About 12 years ago I invented a nock with a twist in it that improves arrow flight. I started doing a lot of compound shootng!
Last year I went back to my roots.
I now shoot mostly a Black Swan Hybrid. 45 lb @ 28 inches.

I recently did som slo mo video work with two time Emmy Award Winning videographer , Alan Teitel. We were trying to show what actually happens shooting an extremely high rpm arrow.
The first shot was the fun shot with a Badger Broadhead on the front and one of my Turbonock Stealth nocks on the back.
The second video shows a conventional fletched arrow shooting 5 feet .
the first has a Turbonock t-4 and it rotates 45 degrees from the string to the riser and just shy of two full turns in 5 feet. The second has a straight nock and it takes all 5 feet to rotate 45 degrees.

· Registered
1,757 Posts
I stopped it and it looks like straight offset fletch to me. It is obvious the turbonocked arrow spins very fast but my question is how fast does an arrow have to spin to be accurate?

· j-san = Jason
1,697 Posts
One thing I wonder about arrow spin is how does it affect paradox? We know the shaft will paradox side to side with a finger release, but with the spin, wouldn't the arrow continue to paradox, but in a rotation fashion? I'm kind of curious as to how that would differ in terms of accuracy compared to an arrow with straight fletching and little to no spin, paradoxing on a horizontal plane?

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The high rotation pretty much eliminates paradox.
The arrows used for the rotation fletch had about 2 degrees right offset.
If you look closely at the over the shoulder shots you can see the wobble or paradox on the arrow shot with the straight nock.
The shot with the t-4 nock does not show any noticeable wobble.
As to accuracy . The most simple analogy I can give is for some reason most gun shooters do not fletch bullets. they rely solely on rifling.
I will give you another example but shot with a non trad bow.
The Turbonock Arrows can not tell what kind of bow you shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.